Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful morning wasted with little deer movement. Only deer I saw were feeding around my truck under a red oak!!!

·
7,984 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had any luck this morning.....here in Tallahassee...temps were a little cooler this morning, and overcast.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Same thing down here in Southeast GA. Saw a couple of small hogs and no deer.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Rmucken1 said:
same here. southeast ga. could it be the full moon
Yes the full moon.....Very bright walking in...Saw fawn very late in my morning sit....Hunting NJ..

·
Registered
372 Posts
i sat untill 1 oclock figuring the deer fed in the middle of the night and maybe again in the middle of the day. what do yall think about this full moon. what about in the evening

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
re

(Beautiful morning wasted with little deer movement. Only deer I saw were feeding around my truck under a red oak!!!)

Man I wish the season was here in PA. I have been scouting and waiting and preparing and doing a little more waiting. I wish I was able to sit in a tree stand w/ little action. I do not consider that a wasted morning, Im jeolous.

·
Registered
372 Posts
you can sit, you just cant shoot. pretty much what we did. oh dont get me wrong it was wonderful to be out there, no where else i would want to be. but i wish i saw some deer

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hit it hard today Sat for 10 hrs..took my new bie friend into woods he saw 2 bucks, I saw 0. But the 2 bucks were exciting enough for public land.
There out, and so will I ... ...need to fill the darn doe tag first though.
Good omen for the start of the season. Good LUck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some deer were moving yesterday afternoon....A friend of mine shot a 140+ yesterday afternoon and one other shot an even bigger deer with his recurve although they have not yet recovered it. Tryin it again this mornin

·
Registered
75 Posts
An Almost!

I did see a doe...she came in at 10 yards but too close for the canopy of the tree I was in. She was acting nervous..kept looking behind her.. figured another deer was with her..instead she took a nibble off the food plot, and turned back the way she came. All in about 10 seconds. The wind was right, and I was hid well, so I don't know what made her so nervous.

Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts