Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rivers carries the German Jagers for $30 a 3 pack but I found two packs of 3 on ebay for about the same price.
Are the ebay heads knockoffs?
They package looks legit and they ship from the US.

·
Registered
Compound and bare bow recurve.
843 Posts
I would purchase from 3 rivers because of their customer service and there is no fear of getting a knock off, inferior head.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I've got some coming from 3Rivers. I'll check out the ones on Ebay and order them to find out.
Even knock offs can kill pigs and varmints.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Good question. I have some from 3 Rivers and would like to know if the eBay ones are genuine or knock-offs. I can't wait to try one on a deer this coming season. They look really good and are super sharp.

·
Registered
83 Posts
3rivers carries the German Jagers for $30 a 3 pack but I found two packs of 3 on ebay for about the same price.
Are the ebay heads knockoffs?
They package looks legit and they ship from the US.
I just purchased these same broadheads from ebay 2 packs for 27,99 and they are the real deal. I compared them with my other jagers and they are identical in every aspect. They even fly the same. I even messaged the guy selling them because I thought they were knock offs. He said they are the real deal the only reason I can get them at that cost is because the packaging was the wrong type and Jager had a run of bunch of them off before they realized it. Jager pulled all the packages and sold them off to a wholesaler.

Sounds reasonable enough to me.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,171 Posts
Yeah these heads on Ebay appear to be the same

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,171 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
GJs come in 145gr also
Yeah but the ebay deal is 100s and 125s.

I have some 150 heads I really like. Trying to find a reasonably priced 175 grain head I can say the same about. Simmons disappointed me. As did the Wenzel Elites. The Grizzlystik heads are okay but TDE.
So I figured there are a few good reviews here so I would try them.

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,806 Posts
for screw on heads,
why not go with a traditional glue on head with a screw on adapter?

i made up some 175s using 130gn zwickey no mercys and some 42gn glue on adapters
(used a tiny bit of lead airgun pellet in the hollow nose of the glue on adapters to make them all weigh 175)

worked great. :)

·
Registered
24,102 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up on these heads. I've been looking at them for a while and my hunting buddy put in an order with Three Rivers a while back that included a 3 pack of GJ 100gr for me. I just got them yesterday and checked them out last night. When I got up this morning, he had sent me a link to this thread. I immediately went to ebay and ordered two packs....less than one from TRA. Looking forward to trying them when we get a warm, calm day and then in the woods this fall.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
for screw on heads,
why not go with a traditional glue on head with a screw on adapter?

i made up some 175s using 130gn zwickey no mercys and some 42gn glue on adapters
(used a tiny bit of lead airgun pellet in the hollow nose of the glue on adapters to make them all weigh 175)

worked great. :)
That's an option for sure.
I have some 175s from 3Rivers onbthe way. Should be able to get one or two through pigs some time this spring. We have an ample population but need to get them more active in the daylight.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Received my ebay 125 grain today.
They are very sharp out of the package and look very well made.
I shoot a couple of them this weekend to see how they fly.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I got mine in from 3Rivers and all three spun true so there's that.
They are relatively sharp right out of the package but not hunting sharp in my standard so a bit of touch up was in order but accomplished fairly easy. I don't like that the ferrel hits the stone as you try to maintain the angle so you are forced to use the stone edge. I also tried another broadhead "sharpener" I have that really just cleans up an almost finished edge well and it was adequate to get them hair popping sharp.
I won't get to try them out for another week or two, shooting a TBoT event this weekend and I have a minor procedure on my lower back next week so I'm not sure how next weekend will work yet either but I'll get some blood drawn ASAP and report back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts