Archery Talk Forum banner

Get READY ILLINOIS!!!!!

1115 Views 33 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  ILLbucknut
Hey guys... 2 more days and then opening morning will be here!!! How many of ya will be in the timber come Wed. morning? I know Ill be out there before my class, but I still gotta purchase my tags from Wally World! :darkbeer:

Doyle
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
939 Posts
I NEVER hunt opening day............simply because I am stuck on state land and I don't want to fight the circus. To those heading out.............good luck and yes, the temps are going to be great. Thank goodness none of the 80's crap like we had a week ago!

· Registered
227 Posts
I'll be in the stand hoping for big buck or plenty of fawn meat, if the buck don't show it's ok we're hunting Sahara later this season.

· Registered
4,178 Posts
NOPE!

Can't hunt till Saturday. Darn work gets in the way.

· Registered
5,442 Posts
I'll be in a tree Wed morning.. Hopefully a doe will be in the back of the truck by 10:00...

· Registered
490 Posts
I'll be out there. My wife and Daugther are hunting this year but they told me I can have opening day and the first weekend all to my self. WOOO HOOO it's almost here.

· Registered
3,079 Posts
skipping morning classes and I will be out there...

Me and my friend here at school that hunts are going to be like that guy at Jubilee last year that signed in at 2:22 in the morning. Maybe not quite that but close

· Registered
6,210 Posts
Hey guys... 2 more days and then opening morning will be here!!! How many of ya will be in the timber come Wed. morning? I know Ill be out there before my class, but I still gotta purchase my tags from Wally World! :darkbeer:

Doyle

CRAP!! I didn't know it was optional! I thought you had to be in a tree opening morning or you couldn't hunt the rest of the season :tongue:
I will get off work around 3am, come home, gather my gear, get my son up and we will b in a tree when the sun comes up! :)
Lows in the 40's Tuesday night, high's in the 60's Opening day. SUnrise around 6:50am... Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.. Perfect wind conditions for 70% of my stands..

· Registered
480 Posts
I have to work opening morning, but I am off Thursday and Friday ---:darkbeer:

I am drooling at the chance for my first deer with a bow. I just hope I don't see a 150" type buck:pukey: I have to shoot a doe first, state park's rule.....:eek:

Good luck to everyone, and be safe!

· Registered
6,268 Posts
I am ready. I have class at 11am, that gives me plenty of time for a morning hunt. Then my next days out will be Saturday, Sunday, Monday.:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.