Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a new bow for next year,I have my Drenalin LD up for sale and I have been looking at the Bowtech destroyer and the Mathews monster.I have never had a "speed bow " before and want to try one.What other bows should I consider?I have a freind that is selling his monster and I can get it for a great price but he says that the bow takes some getting used to.He says that its not like any of the other bows out there and I have to shoot it a bunch,he couldnt get anymore clearer than that.Do any of you guys that own a monster know what he is talking about?I have heard good things about elite bows.So feel free to steer me towards any direction you want.I am not really brand loyal,I shoot what feels good,flies fast and true and fits with what is in my wallet at the time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
X2 alphaburner. But it doesn't matter.. whatever shoots best for you.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I shoot a monster 6'', by far my personall favorite of the bows I have owned. It is the hardest shooting hunting bow I have ever shot.

But the 6'' brace had some getting used to, used have to have proper form, draw length and grip in order to shoot it right, if you have these in order thant there should be no prob in learning to shoot the monster.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Monster Gets a Thumbs Up Here...

I was told by all the "experts" that the Monster was going to be hard to shoot, a wrist slapping, top heavy, speed bow that I was going to hate after hunting with it. I've taken six deer with it this year and am completely happy with the bow. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Monster bow to anyone.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Love my Monster. Reduced lbs and picked up alot of speed. Killed 3 deer this year with it. Going to add an Athens Accomplise 34 to the stable though. The Accomplise is a great boy and smooth as silk. Smoother than the Z7 IMO.

·
Registered
793 Posts
i am looking at the same bows but throwing the strother bows into the mix as wel

·
Registered
41 Posts
I absolutely love my Hoyt Alphamax 32. I smoked 3 deer with it this year, shoots smooth as can be, it's quiet and has very little hand shock. The bow is light and is also very sharp looking in my opinion. Matthews are great bows, but I just love my Hoyt. In my opinion you should probably go shoot a bunch at shops and see which one you like the best...Matthews, Hoyt, Bowtech, Diamond, & PSE all make great bows. When I first started looking last year I had every intention of buying a Matthews (I'm a wisconsin guy and they're a Wisconsin company) but I shot the Alphamax and couldn't find anything else that compared last year, but it's all an individual decision...

·
Registered
174 Posts
What you have to get used to about the Monster is it wants to jump off the wall if you give it any slack. That's part of shooting a speed bow though. If you are worried about wrist slap with the short brace height then put a Mathews Dead Stop on it and problem solved. I love mine, it is a real shooter. Extremely accurate and super fast. But shoot several before you decide.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have shot tons of speed bows. the Monster is the easiest one I have ever shot. but correct draw length and grip placement are very critical to get this bow to shoot well. if the DL is right and you work on your grip this bow will shoot as well as anything you have ever shot. But if your grip is inconsistent and DL too long it will give you fits. trust me I KNOW!

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
I traded my Drenalin LD for a Monster last spring. I love it so far..........it will get a real test this winter. I got it with 60lb limbs and it draws the same as my DLD at 70lbs, but is about 30fps faster.

Lien2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts