Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Archery season opens on september the 13 TH in georgia!!!!! Man , am I ready! I'm afraid my bow will be worn out before season ! any body else have an opening weekend soon?????? :) :) .....tool....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sept 6th for us Kentuckians

That is a week earlier than last year. Stands went up last weekend, scouting report is good, with bonus turkey everywhere!!

Now we need a good frost, and let the rut begin....

Jim

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
8-30-03

August 30th is the day for me!!! A week later than usual so I get to hunt the elk rut a little longer! YES!!!! Called in 2 bulls last weekend......Broadheads shooting like darts....quiet as a whisper......I can almost taste the backstrap!!!!!:D T minus 9...8...7.....................................PUG

·
Registered
336 Posts
WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I leave Cochrane tomorrow night...Head up to Edmonton to meet with a good friend of mine....do the last minute shopping and head out Sunday morning...Season opens August 25th for Big Horn Sheep and I am gonna hunt them with my bow...It oughta be interesting...that's for sure!! :D :D :D

·
74,535 Posts
Sept 1 Okla.

Did first deer count last night on ranch and saw some dandy shooters. Shooting state broadhead this weekend. Going to start scouting and checking for food source, been dry year here.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Sept 6th in Kentucky, man I'm chompin at the bit, LOL. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Maryland

Opening here is Monday, 15 September. Taking a weeks vacation this year. Have my area sighted and even bought a second bow to finish 3-D and Spots. Had my hunting bow tuned and sighted for a month now. Good luck to all this year.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tim z

when I was stationed at Abberdeen proving grounds maryland 1973,, I saw the largest whitetail I have ever seen !!!! I have traveled some and seen canadian deer and western deer . But that maryland 12 pointere was way bigger !!!!!and the rack was absolutly PERFECT!!!!!!!! Could not get a post permit . he came out the same place every evening!!!!! you are lucky to have those genes in your deer heard!!!! what a bow buck that would be!!!>>>TOOL>>>

·
Registered
183 Posts
Already been hunting for a week. Opened 8/16 for deer. Elk opened up yesterday. Way to early for elk. Season runs till 9/12.

Idaho elk opens Sept 1. Then the real hunt begins.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts