Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I need a new set of strings for my Iron Mace and thought it would be better for me to learn more about my bow and possibly make my money back by building my own set of strings. I was hoping some of the experts could chime in and give me a bare minimum setup I could use to get started and make sure that I can actually do quality work. I mean I don't wanna go out and buy the 300-400 jigs and stretcher just yet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The bare minimum would be a string jig you can get a jurassic string jig at lancaster archery for 90$ a serving tool, string material, and serving, depending on the string material you get and the serving you use you will probably have about $200.00 in getting started.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thanks that might be the jig I get if I can't find one used from someone... Might even be able to rig something up to fit it on a unistrut.... next would be the stretcher hmmm.. anyways if anybody has some helpful info I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I took a bunch of pictures to my local sheet metal fab. and they are making me one for $75. I teach the owners son so I may be getting a discount but then again maybe not. Worth talking to one and see what they say.

·
Dragon Silk Strings
672 Posts
Used String Jig

I have a used Apple string jig model 701 and a Yellowstone micro stretcher, I'd be willing to part with for $150. You can pull both these up on Lancaster Archery's sight and see what the look like. You would need to buy a uni strut for your base from your local electrial supply store it is 1 5/8 in and they run in 10 ft lengths.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts