Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

After searching alot, my dealer offered me a wonderful price in a brand new Supra EXT.

Anything I should be aware of this model in particular. What are your thoughts on it?
It tunes easily?
I had a Supra MAX in the past, but the cams seemed I little of center. Don't know if was a failure or what, but I even derailed it while getting back once. But I trust PSE, and I think they make really good bows.

One more thing: With the L Brackets, is possible to press it for cable maintenance with the Bowmaster press?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ill be ordering a supra ext within the next week and I had the opportunity to shoot one last weekend. All I can say is wow, the bow was so repeatable and had the best feedback of any bow I've ever shot, especially with the 65% mods. The bow I shot didn't have a ton of back weight nor front weight on the stabs and I usually run my bows very very heavy because I have a hard time getting the float under control. However, this bow held phenomenal. The draw was super smooth and the back wall was rock solid, especially since the limb stop was engaged. This bow is so versatile and the grip placement in relation to the limb pockets makes it extremely stable. I think the bow is extremely customizable to someone' shooting style and really keeps your form in check while still staying comfortable and fun to shoot. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the 2016 catalog from PSE is written that the bow weights 4.7lbs in one page and 4.5lbs in another. Also, is written that it uses PSE Premium Strings.
In the website is written that it weights 4.7lbs and uses ABB Strings. Can anyone confirm these specifications?

PSE also said that you can turn limb bolt 13 times. It means that if I have a 60# bow, it will go down to 34# :confused:?

Is difficult to tune it, or it comes quite "aligned" and making bullet holes in paper from factory?
Another question is about the Bowmaster with L Brackets. Will it press?

·
Registered
61 Posts
On the turns you won't get that much poundage difference. I got mine in November and ordered at 50lbs. It goes up to 53 and down to 42. It does turn 13 turns but it doesn't decrease as much as you think. It's been a great bow and it aims better than I can. I use it for indoor. Which is why the poundage is at that weight.

·
AT Classifieds Addict
2,396 Posts
I don't know think I would trust a bowmaster on the bow. The L brackets don't have much to grab onto the limbs. Maybe a Synnum portable press....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the 2016 catalog from PSE is written that the bow weights 4.7lbs in one page and 4.5lbs in another. Also, is written that it uses PSE Premium Strings.
In the website is written that it weights 4.7lbs and uses ABB Strings. Can anyone confirm these specifications?

Also, if someone has a Supra EXT and a Bowmaster and could confirm. I've sent an email to Protech and they said that they don't see why it shouldn't work, but you know, just to make sure.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've tested one at 70 lbs... That was a chore to get it started on the draw but once it the cams roll one can hold it on full draw for a long time, and it doesn't feel jumpy in the valley. Very fast and smooth from what I experienced. I wouldn't buy one at 70 lb draw but a 60 would be nice.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I have a Supra EXT. Fantastic bow. The only thing I can say is be prepared to restring on day one. Mine came with PSE Premium strings. The center serving was so thick my knocks would barley fit. I had new strings made and the bow is phenomenal. I have an Xpression 3D and it is a coin toss as to which one I like better. It feels a lot lighter than my Xpression 3d, bare bow to bare bow. I have them set up very similar. The hold and aim is little different between the two for me.

My opinion is that the hold on target Xpression 3d gets the a slight nod. I am not sure if it is because I had that one first but its geometry feels a slight bit different. I had someone else tune my bows. They are both in tune for me, so that was a non issue. I had single back bars and I saw a lot of people running dual, so I ordered another back bar to try it. I did not find any advantage so I went back to single. I might play with dual again when the weather breaks and I can get outside. I also found the Supra did not require as much weight on back bar as Xpression. Again, this might change once I get to play outside a little more.

To be honest I struggled with the decision to order an Xpression 3d or a Supra. Knowing what I know now I think a restrung Supra is the way to go.

·
redman
8,129 Posts
How are the new cams I am I big fan of the me cams at a 27 draw me cams are super fast are the new cams as fast the supra with me cams is a great bow is the new supra as good

·
Registered
479 Posts
How about draw length? I am glad they finally put a .5" addition to the supra. I read they might be a little short ie. a 30.5"dl feels like 30? How does yours feel?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I am also a 27" draw. The documentation that came with the bow did not have the draw mod scale so I had to guess as to which one was correct. I am on G. I think that is 27.5. I was on H when I first got the bow. As I shot I felt cramped so I moved the stop out one spot. It feels a touch long but maybe because I was so cramped. Either way I am leaving it on G for now. So for me it does shoot long.

The cams are sweet. They are so adjustable, I think they will be different for everyone. I had the 65 mod on my Xpression 3d and it was turned down to 55lbs. I recently cranked the poundage up to 60 and it felt better with the 75 mod. I shot a 5 spot round with it last night and I need to turn it down until the indoor league is over. I was really fatigued by the end of the night. With the 65 mod on there is almost no hump. You just draw and it hits the stop, but it does not feel like it wants to take off to me. With the 75 mod there is a little valley. Others I know have messed around with larger stops. Like I said the bow is so adjustable it will be different for everyone.

I cannot really comment on speed. This is not a speed bow. If you want a speed version of this bow get a Decree HD. I had a supra me. It was faster than I expected but I could not get comfortable with it. The grip of the old style used to dig into my hand in such a way that it was uncomfortable to shoot. The new grip is the best part of the bow. I think the ME cam was faster, it was a also a harsher draw.

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
The new supra is AWESOME. The cam is smooth on the draw and the new limb pocket and flex guard make tuning very easy. I don't know what you could find as a flaw in this bow. It is smoother on the shot than the Xpressions due to the more parallel limb style. If I didn't already have the Xpression 3D, I would for sure own a Supra EXT.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for all information. Anyone know if the Synunm press will work with the Supra EXT?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good. Ordered my Supra. Just waiting now :archer:. Talked directly to Synunm, should work, but still want to hear from you guys.

The only thing I can say is be prepared to restring on day one. Mine came with PSE Premium strings.
My dealer said it should come with ABB. Now I don't know.

The guide pined on PSE Discussion site - PSE (or hybrid cam) tuning tips - is still valuable for this new model, or things changed much?

If you guys/girls have any tip for it, please make them come in! :wink:

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Comes with ABB. I set everything level on mine and the centershot right down the middle and it bullet holed first shot. I'm shooting BE PS23 arrows. One of my favorite bows I've ever owned!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, my new Supra just arrived yesterday.

Now for adjustment, i created a new topic.

Thanks for all tips people. Appreciate any help at that topic related on how to adjust it. There's so few information here yet about those new PSE models :cry:

:beer::beer::beer:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts