Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

this has been asked many times for sure but for some reason I can only see a handful of threads here...:sad:

I‘d like to give finger compound a try, have been shooting barebow recurve for a few years.

Question: how do I get point on distance reasonably short for 3d let‘s say 30 to 40 yards? A friend has a very high anchor position where the arrow nock sits right under his eye. I‘ve tried this but can‘t align the arrow under the eye so my anchor is the standard corner of mouth one.
This gives me a 40 to 45 yards pod with the recurve, must be a lot more with the faster compound?

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I used the corner of mouth anchor when I shot compound fingers, but I had a lot of trouble getting the sight low enough at yardages longer than about 30 yards. That was a function of that anchor just being a bit too high when shooting sights (no problem barebow tho).

So if you shoot with a sight, you might try Mediterranean (3 finger, knock in between index and ring) on the draw, and then anchor under the chin with the index finger released from the string (hold with just the bottom two).

I've tried that a few times with my Tribute and the peep was in the neighborhood of where it is when I shoot it with my release aid. So if I were to shoot it fingers, I'd have plenty of sight travel at the longer distances...

lee.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts