Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, to begin I have been shooting compounds for about 16 years with some 3D shoots so I know a little. Question is I just bought a Martin X-200 50# @ 28" brace height is right at 8" (measured from the deep part of the grip). I took a dowel rod and cut it to fit my string and had someone mark it for length on the front edge of the bow. The measurement was 29" therefore I am thinking I will shoot a 29.5" or 30" arrow with either 4" or 5" feathers. However I am unsure as to what size arrow to start with. I would like alum and then eventually move to wooden. The reason I ask is that all the local archery stores around me are geared towards the compound bow and not that knowledgeable with the recurve. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I shoot similar setup. When I shot alunimum, I use the Easton Legacy shaft at 29.5" with a 125gr point and shot beautifully. The Legacy's are very good shafts and very durable. 12 arrows lasted me two years of lots of 3D and year round shooting. My son still has 5 of the origional 12. They were the 2016 shaft but I think the sell the by Pound range like 45-55#. It was a 2016 shaft though. I shoot carbons now and don't think I would ever go back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts