Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a smadown pro rest and I have had a difficult time getting used to it. How do you guys deal with your arrow flopping around inside the rest housing when youre not at full draw? It seems to me a limb driven rest was a solution to a problem that didnt exist. Am I looking at this wrong? Educate me.

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
I put two short pieces of peep tubing under the mole skin on my arrow shelf, makes a nice cradle. Limb driven rest was designed to give the benefits of a fixed rest with the clearance of a drop, the launcher stays up longer giving the arrow support, that is why I prefer the spring steel launcher on a limb driver.

·
Back Yard Champion
30,489 Posts
Most drop rests come with a arrow holder while in the down position. As above, DIY with tubing or with stick-on foam formed for arrow. Some drop rests have containment cages with wide fork arms that will pick up the arrow anywhere within the containment cage...One being the NAP Apache.

The drop rest is no doubt one of the best arrow rests ever developed.

Reactions: Alaska at heart

·
Registered
Bowtech Revolt X, Bowtech Carbon Icon
103 Posts
My vapor trail came with a rubber pad with a cradle on it that goes on the shelf. Stays pretty solid.
Honestly I haven't noticed much difference from the cable driven but I do like that I don't have to reset it like I had to with the cable driven.

·
Registered
24,593 Posts
Cable driven rests attach to one of the bow's cables and some contend that effects tuning. A limb driven design clearly does not have that potential effect and is super easy to set up. In the field, a limb driven rest can easily be restrung and reset.....which is not the case with a typical cable driven design. I use an arrow cradle as shown above, which holds my arrow securely when my bow is vertical to about 60*. If I lay it across my lap while hunting, the arrow often falls out of the cradle so I use a thin strip of moleskin on the front inside edge of my riser to keep it from making noise. When I bring my bow upright, it tends to fall into the cradle but the "whale tale" launcher of my Hamskea rests will self-center during the draw from any position.

·
Slinging Arrows
1,373 Posts
My Hamskea Trinity pro comes with piece standard. Are you talking about the arrow flopping pre-draw walking around or hunting?
I just put my index finger on the arrow and my hand on the grip if I have to walk with an arrow nocked.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
The $5 arrow shelf holder from vapor trail .... the standard size arrow snaps into it and holds it securely with no flopping no matter the angle of the bow.

Mole skin around the edges.. works great

·
Mark
5,847 Posts
I use hamskea hybrid hunter for 3D and QAD HDX for hunting. Both work great for me. I like hamskea limb driven features and construction but can’t say I shoot any better due to it over my QAD.

Reactions: Tralen

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just installed the Hamskea Trinity pro. I love that if it ever does get out of tune, it's an easy fix without a press and it's much easier to identity a problem with the rest vs a cable driven. It comes with an arrow holder so it doesn't bounce or move when drawing. However during let down sometimes the arrow doesn't go in the slot (my shelf is rounded so it pinches the rubber together) so I put mole skin on shelf to cover any noise if I were to let down on an animal.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The $5 arrow shelf holder from vapor trail .... the standard size arrow snaps into it and holds it securely with no flopping no matter the angle of the bow.

Do they make one that will fit a 5mm arrow? Preventing the arrow from bouncing and rattling while im not at full draw would be nice

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Do they make one that will fit a 5mm arrow? Preventing the arrow from bouncing and rattling while im not at full draw would be nice

^^^This will resolve your issue and keep the arrow light clipped in to this holder and when you draw, it slowly releases. This way it won't ever move until drawing.

·
Registered
883 Posts

Awesome. Didn't know this existed. Just ordered several for my bows with VaporTrails.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts