Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started using a synthetic ghillie last year and it is the best thing I have spent my money on for a while. It is in woodland camo and I added canvas to it to make it more brown. I trimmed anywhere my string may hit. I would set up in front of a thick tree or a bush while sitting on a double bull stool. I had a lot of deer coming super close and never got busted even when a couple glanced at me for a few seconds. They just went back to feeding. I was even successful twice while stalking in hardwoods. I was just wondering why more people haven't used them. Mine is scent free and it is a lot lighter than my blind or stand. I have it hanging in a pine right now or I would have some pics. Does anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I use the Cabela's version with scent-lok and love it. I have used it for two years and it has proven itself very stealthy. I just plan around my stands and when the leaves fall I move into the thicket. Seems to work, never been busted so far. I have two friends who bought them for this year.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Sounds awesome....loking to buy, make or find one for myself....pic to show of?????

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I don't have any pics right now but I will take some when I get it out of the woods. I hang it out to acquire more natural scents. I bought mine off of EBAY. Don't get or make one out of burlap. You will never get the smell out. Mine is a synthetic. I am about to make one for my son and I may try yarn. It is basically what the factory stuff looks like. Then I took some dark tan canvas and cut it into 2"x16" strips and tied it on. It works great.

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
I have 1 & it's my preferred camo when ground hunting. IMO nothing else really compares to it for hunting the ground.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
i just bought on from cabelas the light wieght 3 1/2lb ghillie suit in hopes of getting arrow close its a get concept glad to hear its a successful tactic.
does anyone have trouble with stuff getting caught in it like small branches and leaves?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine catches on briers mainly. I usually pack it to where I hunt and then put it on. But i also still hunt with it too. It's not a big enough problem for me not to use it. I trimmed the pant off to mid calf so that it doesn't catch leaves and sticks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts