Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here's another one of my stupid questions that I will get ridiculed for, but has anyone considered putting ghillie camo on your bow riser? I have a snow ghillie suit, and when I bowhunt coyotes, I'll sometimes just lay flat by a fenceline in the dead brown grass, as my suit is white cloth and sessil baling twine that I made myself, and it blends perfectly. I have often wondered if I put a little ghillie on my riser if it wouldn't help break up the outline a little. Thoughts? Wise remarks? Don't get me wrong, it is a serious question, but I don't mind a little humor every now and then, at my expense or not.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
I do it all the time. When I'm wearing my ghillie, I have a cover that attaches on the stab that has veg (whatever you are using) on it. I use the bow then to put between me and the deer. If you add more vegetation to your bow, make sure you shoot it to make sure POI hasn't changed.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Ya thats a tactic than can help with concealing you in the draw from those really allert eyeballs. I have done this with an old bow.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I use a strip of ASAT leafy 3d material down the front of my bow. Attached with sticky back velcro.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay. Well, I make my own ghillie suits (I have made 3 so far, for various seasons), so, what I was thinking was that I would make 2 rectangular pieces about 5'' by 20'' and wrap them around the riser below the grip down to about halfway down the limb, and above my sight to the same spot, so that they fit loosely and are secured at each end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts