Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ouch. Glad to see she will be OK. Not that it matters, but does the nock on that arrow looks like it is from a X-bow? don't know much about them but a 28" arrow sounds like it's from a regular bow.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Judging by the nock it looks to be a crossbow, I hope she makes a full recovery.

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Saw this earlier today. That had to be scary for a little girl to look down and see that sticking out of her leg. Ouch.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Yahoo story says it was a crossbow "arrow". It was a bolt.
Never seen or heard of anyone shooting bolts 28" long.Most likely it was a vertical bow arrow.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Never seen or heard of anyone shooting bolts 28" long.Most likely it was a vertical bow arrow.
Just looked around a little and found two different stories, one is a bolt and one an arrow. One of the two is probably old news, not sure which. Either way an inexcusable act, a bow should never be drawn facing anything but the intended target.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Clearly archery is now unsafe to the general public. No bows, no sodas, and you can't shake it more than twice when your done at the urinals. I feel awful for the little girl, and god bless her with a quick recovery. I didn't see any speculation on where the hell the arrow came from? Gross negligence on whoever released that arrow & a life of shame if they don't come forward. Disgusting. Unfortunately there are so many other motives behind every piece of "journalism" out there today. I hate that we live in a 2013 world where I have to cringe at the thought of this thread's political imications as opposed to chalk it up to what it is, a crap situation and wish the victim the best and the perp the worst. .02

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
Judging by the nock it looks to be a crossbow, I hope she makes a full recovery.
Yahoo story says it was a crossbow "arrow". It was a bolt.
They said it was a 28" arrow though. I don't know of any crossbow bolts that are that long...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Who cares what type of arrow it was. Lets just hope she is ok, makes a full recovery, and that the police find out where the arrow came from.

·
Registered
945 Posts
This is such a sad story. I am just glad she did not get hurt anymore serious than it was.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Who cares what type of arrow it was. Lets just hope she is ok, makes a full recovery, and that the police find out where the arrow came from.
I agree 100%.My prayers go out to this young lady,for a full recovery.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,176 Posts
Hmmm, I hope it wasn't at Redwood Archery Range.

Chabot space has a facility right next to Redwood in the Oakland/ Bezerkeley hills. If a guy was to high draw screwing around and let one go.... it might be possible to hit someone and there are plenty of rookies out there shooting. East bay Regional parks lets the club use the property and it wouldnt take much to shut these guys down. Redwood has been there for something like 40 years and they built the Chabot space building right next door about 10 years ago. Redwood is one of the best clubs around with some dedicated guys who do a great job of providing a free range for anyone in the bay area.

The bunny huggers have been trying to get the other local club Briones- also on park land- shut out for years.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
Crossgun mfgers use the term "arrows" to make it seem their equipment is "archery"....should be bolt....IMO

1 - 20 of 32 Posts