Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 67 yr. young bow hunter just returning to the sport after many years of layoff. Boy, all kind of new stuff out there. Bought some undertakers ( three blade). am shooting a 50 lb bow did I make a mistake. Never shot a mechanical before. Also will they open up if shot thru the ground blind screens. Thanks guys and gals

· Registered
988 Posts
UndertakersPiston Points!!!!

DO NOT SHOOT IT THROUGH MESH. However they are great mechanical broadheads. Doug

· Registered
9,452 Posts

Good blood trails and very good accuracy out of a well tuned bow and daily practice. Do not have any experience with shooting them through a screen though....
Solohunter

· Registered
1,773 Posts
Personally I can't even make myself like these heads. They remind me too much of the old Punchcutter broadheads of the 80s.

They also failed the durability test miserably in the Bowhunting World test of 16 broadheads.

· Registered
1,647 Posts
I'm not bashing and I know this will contradict what others have posted but I shot my antelope this year with them and they did not expand. I'm not sure if I had a "bad batch" but they did not open at all. I recovered my goat, it helps that the blades will still cut even if they don't open but not quite what I was hoping for. I then shot my block target and put a piece of paper on it and double checked to see if they opened and again they did not. Don't flame me but this was my honest experience with them. Hopefully it was just that pack. Good luck.

· Registered
7,438 Posts
DO NOT SHOOT IT THROUGH MESH. However they are great mechanical broadheads. Doug
:dontknow:I've never had any problems shooting them through mesh as long as I was shooting straight through the mesh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.