Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a "what should I buy" thread (as I will shoot them all and decide for myself), but rather what did YOU buy after shooting these and maybe others. Anyway, I have settled on a the sweet spot for hunting for me as being a 32-34" ATA bow with a 7" BH, smooth draw cycle and solid back wall as "must haves."

Nice to haves all on one bow, but not necessary, would be split limbs, better than average tunability and roller guards.

My list to shoot and select from are as follows:

Bowtech Experience - checks all the boxes, but somewhat suspect of Bowtech ownership experience and quality of finish.

Prime Alloy - no split limbs and two track.

Obsession Phoenix - no roller guard and two track.

Hoyt - Faktor 34 & Carbon 34 - not a huge fan of their aesthetics.

Elite Energy 32 (maybe 35 if I stretch). No roller guard and two track. I have the Hunter now, but not as consistent as I like, due to the grip and high letoff (so I think).

The next wonderbow from Bowtech from 2014 ATA

So, for those of you that like these sort of specs in a hunting bow, why did you choose what you chose (and what is it)?

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,139 Posts
Alloy for me. It's hanging at the shop.

·
U.S. Coast Guard Vet.
3,334 Posts
You should Check out the PSE Source! 33" and 7" BH ans it is smooth and fast!

·
Need to get to town,fasst
6,029 Posts
I have been using bows with close to those specs for a long time. My last bows where Bowtech CPXL, New Breed Eclipse, Hoyt Maxxis 35 and Hoyt Carbon Matrix. I choose the Stevens Prevailer. It is 33.5 ATA, 7.5" BH 337 ATA speed rating. I has everything you are looking for except its longer brace height. I choose it for the great foregiveness, adjustability and speed. Camo pattern is also awesome and its just a plain old fun bow to shoot.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Wait and see what Bowtech does if it's not for you pick up a Experience. I have not seen a Experience with the finish issue .

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Have shot all of the offerings from the brands you listed for 2013, and will shoot all of them in three weeks at ATA. Having said that, I shoot the Experience over all the other 2013 choices offered. I am excited to see what Bowtech has up their sleeve... from what I am hearing from some friends in the industry, it has the makings of what I am looking for to take the place of my Experience and Insanity.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I love my experience it's the best bow I've owned, finish is flawless I've hunted it hard this yr and looks brand new. ODB cams and flex guard are hard to beat. Other brands are good bows as well, shoot them all and let the bow choose you.

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
Id have to pick the Hoyt cs34 since its the only one that reachs my draw. in the LD model

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
=FlyfishPA;1068910331]I have settled on a the sweet spot for hunting for me as being a 32-34" ATA bow with a 7" BH, smooth draw cycle and solid back wall as "must haves." So, for those of you that like these sort of specs in a hunting bow, why did you choose what you chose (and what is it)?
2007 Allegiance ..... because of the above. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I have the spyder but out of those I would get the faktor

·
Archer
8,649 Posts
I have two that fit in that category, a New Breed Genetix and a Bowtech Experience. I'm very pleased with both of them, excellent bows that are a pleasure to shoot.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Definitely try out source

The source cams will give you cable stop hard wall, with option for limb stop wall if you choose

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a Bear Domain and love it.. Quiet and smooth draw. 7" brace, 33 ata and 320 ibo

·
Registered
668 Posts
Of the ones u mentioned , the experience jumps out at me.
Now I haven't shot any of the others, but like you with all
Hype lately I'm intrested in the prime and elite.
I've always enjoyed shooting elites , but I've never liked
All the xtra stuff that had to be done to brand new bow
(Rearranging shims, limb swap, etc) .
A line of bows that fit nicely in your desired specs are
Stevens archery.
Inception= 33" ata , bh 6 1/2" ibo 355
Prevailer=33" ata, 7"bh " ibo mid 340.
Transferable lifetime warranty, tunes easy
And customizeable valley.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Xpedition X-Ring VII!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Of the ones u mentioned , the experience jumps out at me.
Now I haven't shot any of the others, but like you with all
Hype lately I'm intrested in the prime and elite.
I've always enjoyed shooting elites , but I've never liked
All the xtra stuff that had to be done to brand new bow
(Rearranging shims, limb swap, etc) .
A line of bows that fit nicely in your desired specs are
Stevens archery.
Inception= 33" ata , bh 6 1/2" ibo 355
Prevailer=33" ata, 7"bh " ibo mid 340.
Transferable lifetime warranty, tunes easy
And customizeable valley.
I had looked at Stevens before and they look like decent bows. There website is sorely lacking, IMHO, which makes me leery of the rest of the company. Almost no pictures of the bows, and when you are selling online, that is important.

Also, being a two track, doesn't seem to be distinguished from Obsession, NB or Elite.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts