Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shooting a GKF Infiniti rest from a Martin MV2. This equipment is not new but is new to me (and is in tip top condition). When shooting this weekend, I noticed my arrows going lower and lower, and realized the black teflon prong covers were somewhat quickly wearing to the point where my Gold Tip 5575 arrow could go down between the prongs with some pressure. This was unsettling. I was able to rotate the sleeves, and the bow shot absolute bullets though I can see the sleeves wearing down. I did buy another set of covers. I am wondering two things:

1. Is this wear normal and something I just need to watch and get used to?
2. Should I just forget the teflon sleeves? If so, how do I get the prongs closer together? I don't have a manual although I did email GKF to get info on getting one and didn't get a reply yet (it's been 3 weeks or so).

Any illumination on this matter is greatly appreciated.

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
I wouldn't use them if they are wearing that fast.

There is a screw at the base of each prong, just loosen it, rotate the prong into the middle, and retighten the screw.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, I use mine for target shooting. Do you know how to use the Tuning Gauge. I would imagine yours is showing in the red most of the time. The tuning gauge has to be reset each time you shoot. It will tell you how much contact you had on that shot.

It sounds to me like you may have the holding tension too high. You want just enough tension for the arrow not to drop on the rest. You want the nock point on the string to be an 1/8" to a 1/4" above square.

It sounds like your arrow is running all the way down the prongs. You don't want this. The prongs hold the arrow at full draw when you release the arrow is in a slightly point down attitude. The arrow will then lift off the rest as it exits the bow.

The Tuning Gauge should be rotated as far as it can be in the green against the stop. After the shot take a look at it. If it is still green or light yellow then you got a good release and minimual contact. If it is in the orange or red area, you got a lot of contact.

If you don't get any information from GKF in a few days, PM me and I will send a extra manual out. I have two of them and I would like to have another. But, they are very hard to find left handed.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deezlin - That has to be the problem. I'll recheck. I didn't think there was any way those things should be wearing so quickly. Not having the manual, I really didn't know what was going on. Thanks again - JAG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts