Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if a lot of you guys are like me you have to work on a tight budget when it comes to your hunting equipment but you want the very best your hard earned money can buy.

if you are in the market for a fallaway OR a stationairy shoot thru rest I strongly suggest that you take a good look at the new TKO manufactured by Golden Key Futura the company who specialize in arrow rests and are the leaders in the industry of arrow rest technoligy for over 35 years.

the TKO is a bullet proof design constructed from T6 aluminum which makes it light weight and built to last forever.

the TKO rest is the simplest design I have seen, yet still the most functional and versitile I have used so far. the rest is very simple to install and a breeze to tune and comes with complete step by step plus GKF has a great thecnical support staff who can help you with any questions you may have concerning installation and set up.

the rest is ambidextrious to accomidate either left or right handed shooters and can also be converted from a fallaway to a shoot thru by a simple turn of the set screw to reverse the spring tension.
the rest also comes equipped with a arrow holder as an added bonus to keep your arrow from falling off of the shelf when the rest is in the down position. you have a choice of a long or short mounting bracket for added adjustability, the long bracket is designed so the rest will completley clear the bows shelf which gives the rest the charicteristics of an over draw.

Cost is Nominal compaired to other fallaways on the market, $49.00 is suggested retail but I have seen them as low as $42.00 no the net.

the TKO is also backed by GKF's Golden Guarantee, if any thing happens to the rest for any reason GKF will replace or repair it for life.

I have had this rest on my bow since the rest first came out and I have absolutley no intentions of using any other on my personal equipment, IMO you will not find a better rest anywhere at any price that can outpreform this one so giving a rating of 1 to 10 I have to give all catigorys a 10.
I guarantee you if you buy one of these rests you will not be dissiapointed.
but dont take my word for it go out and compair quality and price and you will agree that this is the most practical rest on the market today.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
ArcheryAddict what I liked most about the rest is the versitality. This one rest can do it all for the archer.

1)Drop away
2)Spring loaded
3)Tighten the spring down and put a Premo launcher on it for target or 3-D.

The rest is some kind of solid too. At that price point, Golden Key has a wonderful rest that will serve both the hunter as well as the target archer well.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim

I have not tried using the premos blade on the rest I will give it a try.
thanks for the reply

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are scarce in stores right now but I am pretty sure that Cabelas and Dicks Sporting goods do have them in stock
I am pretty sure you can buy it on line at elders.com or you can buy direct from GKF on their web site or by contacting them by phone.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt think about that!

yes you can PM GKF Tech and he can get you fixedup quick!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
DJQ.....did you find a T.K.O.

Let me know...

GKF Tech

·
Registered
97 Posts
i guess the leader in rest design for the last 35 years was getting romped by the competition so they had to design a copy of another to catch up. sure sounds like all the same design and features of the Trophy Taker to me........the price is the only pro to this product when it comes to innovation.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
With the features the TKO has (drop away OR spring loaded non dropping, right hand or left hand configuration) I don't feel it is a copy. I believe this rest stands alone on it's own merits.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TT does not have the features TKO does

If you are willing to spend the extra money on a TT go for it, it is your hard earned cash.

but if you want to know who copied who the tt was a crude copy of the Premier rests.

instead of trying to get a flame going by pumping TT on a TKO thread why dont you write your own review of the equipment you like and GKF Staff will stay off of your thread.

·
Land of the Giants
161 Posts
I just ordered a TKO off of archeryexperts.com for 48.99. Can't wait to get it!! This will be my first dropaway.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kenny It is a SWEET rest!
I just got finished setting another one up on my new Bowtech Stalker.:D

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not too mutch to it

The rest will come with step by step instructions but if you have a bow square and a centering guage, makes this task a lot simpler.

One good tip I can give is I use a unfletched arrow when getting my center and vertical adjustments, you can reverse the spring tension to hold up the arrow this will allow you ho have the use of both hands instead of having to hold the rest up. then when you have adjusted the rest just re set the tention to drop.

other than that it is pretty mutch a no brainer. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
T T RULES

Yea my trophy taker is not changable but at present time I don't think I will stat shotting left hand any time soon and why do you need to change it to shot 3D ????? sounds like your not sure how the rest works best :D :D :eek:

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Kenny......here's one tip........when you attach the cord and everything, and have it all set up less fine tuned, take the lift cord, put some superglue, epoxy or something on the knot and twist the lift cord so that it naturally kicks off to the cable gaurd side of the bow, clearing any fletching contact with the lift cord. If you need to, after glueing, melt the knot so it won't interfere with the pivoting action.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RE: TT Rules!

WM
I am Glad you found a Fallaway rest that you like but This Is a TKO thread.

I am sure the forum administrator won't mind you starting a new topic concerning the Trophy Taker but just not here
Thanks. :)

·
Land of the Giants
161 Posts
Thanks Grant....good tip!

Ordered my TKO on Wendsday 2nd day UPS Air and still haven't gotten it. Maybe a few more days...but I paid 14.00 extra for shipping to get it quick and looks like regular ground shipping would have been about the same.:(

·
Land of the Giants
161 Posts
Yeeeeee Hawwwww!!!!!!

Got my TKO today at 4:00 p.m. and had it shooting bullet holes through paper and then broadheads flying perfectly, and I had to go to town and buy a cable guard slide and finished tuning my Z-Max, all by 6:30 p.m., Man, I'm excited my broadheads are flying perfect....its the first time I've ever gotten them to fly like my field points.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts