Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had problems with their Glendale buck target insert petrifying, mine all the sudden became ridiculously difficult to pull out the arrows, for the first couple of years it wasn't so bad, also if you hit it somewhere other than the insert they pull out ok. Has anyone ever thought of a leverage type device to help get them out. Id rather shoot into a wooden block, maybe I just need a new insert.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Weather has a HUGE effect on your targets life, if left out every day then don’t expect them to last as long as they would if they were stored away or at least covered. That might have something to do with it. But as far as the Glendale goes I absolutely hated that target. Biggest waste of money in my book, for the money I would rather buy the McKenzie bloodline buck. The core will last twice as long as the Glendale’s

·
Registered
727 Posts
Never had a problem with mine, until someone stole it out of my yard!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I stopped shooting mine. It got to the point it just wasn’t fun to shoot anymore because it took so much effort to pull arrows. I switched to morrell vital signs target (the bag version) and have no regrets. Stops all arrows and I actually enjoy shooting again.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that's were I'm at, no fun shooting at this glendale

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Arrows are hard to pull from them in cold weather. Try to rotate the arrow in the target and then pull it out, makes it mych easier.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's a good tip, I look fwd to trying it tomorrow.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I rub 4 or 5 inches of arrow shaft and point with dead down wind bar soap. Makes them much easier to pull.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I rub 4 or 5 inches of arrow shaft and point with dead down wind bar soap. Makes them much easier to pull.
I used to think that would be way too labor intense but now I can see where it is worth the stretch, thanks for the input

1 - 9 of 9 Posts