Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

In 2007, at an archery festival in my home state of Maryland, I picked up a 51 pound at 28 inch draw reflex deflex longbow made by Glen Parker for $275 (actually came to $200 since I traded in my featherweight recurve for it).

It is my mainstay and favorite bow till this day.

I know Glen Parker contributed to the Traditional Bowyer's Bible but other than that I can't seem to find much else about the man or his bows. I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me more about Mr. Parker and his bows? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Matt, I was wondering if you still had that Grey Wolf Bow? I would love to talk about it with you and even see a picture if at all possible. I knew Glenn very well. Hopefully we can talk and both learn something. Anyway, let me know, later...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man I forgot I had started a thread here about my GP "Stalker" (actually not a "Grey Wolf"). EastonTX, if your still out there here it is:

I'll shoot you a message but if you see this please feel free to respond with your thoughts. GP was probably one of the best makers of modern style laminate longbows.

·
Registered
774 Posts
thats a nice looking bow, it looks like the brace height is low and zippy!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats a nice looking bow, it looks like the brace height is low and zippy!
Yeah, its rated [email protected] inches to boot and just over 56 inches in height about. So its not really intended for drawing back to inflinity as I like to say. Just like its model name implies ("Stalker"), you stalk and then get a quick shot off. Its design is therefore conducive more towards how the shooting style of native Americans would have been. It has slight reflex to it when unstrung.

Never been chronographed but if you get the right type of draw and release the arrow caste is pretty good. Glenn's bows though have a really great feel to them as well, just an overall good feel if you know what I mean. Shame these are now rarer then hen's teeth.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Glenn Parker was from Texas I think he had one of the top broadhead collections in the US. He died of cancer in the nineties. Pretty sure he was a Doctor. There was an article about him in one of the early traditional bowhunters

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not too long ago I saw another one of his creations up on leatherwall classifieds. It was gone in a blink of an eye. I still have mine and am very nostalgic about it these days as I really cut my teeth on it during hot summer months at the range many moons ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts