Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting one of these on my new BowTech Extreme VFT (27" draw length, 60#). Just looking for opinions on this sight and single pin vs. multiple pin sights in general. What do you all think of single pin adjustable sights for hunting?

·
74,535 Posts
Best move for me.

I set mine at 25yrds for almost any shot within 10-35 yrds. Makes life simpler than choosing pins to shoot. I know exactly what this pin does. I have won a few 3d taournaments shooting one pin also. It works.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Single pin Tru-Glo

I use a Tru-Glo single pin...I think it's a "Range Rover" or something like that. Has a single Tritium pin that glows in the dark. I've got marks on the sight from 20-80 yards (for the field archery course at the sportsman's club). It adjusts easily and seems to stay put. I just leave it on 20 yards while hunting. The only thing it doesn't have is a level. I understand they made sights with level for one year, but didn't sell many, so they stopped offering them.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
single pins rule

i've been using single pin adjustable sights for a while now.i won't be going back to multiple pin sights. i've used a sightmaster, a cobra easy slide, and an impact omega xl. the omega is without a doubt the brightest pin i have ever seen or used. it's so easy and nice just to focus on one pin, especially when that big buck appears. i just ordered a new tru glow single pin, can't wait to try it out. best advice i can give is to use a range finder, also sight in your bow on a ranged out course. i agree with daniel boone, i have mine set at 25 and only moved it once while hunting( a 10 yard shot)good luck and good hunting.:cool:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WVhunter- The glo-brite I looked at has a bubble. BH, I looked at the impact omega too. It seemed to me that the tru glo was as bright or very close to it, and about $20 less. Glad to hear positive opinions of single pins.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I have always used single pin sights for hunting. A few years ago I started painting "dots" on my vertical post to give me 30 and 40 yard marks. Not the greatest setup, but it eliminated guessing on how high to hold over the deer.

This year I changed to a 3 pin Copper John, because I have had a number of situations in the woods where deer come in fast, or otherwise change distance quickly, and I am forced to "hold over" their back with the single pin sight. I hate to do this. IMO, You can't be nearly as accurate this way, as you can when you have the right pin and a spot to aim at. And not only do you have to guess range, but then you have to guess how high to hold your pin. Too many variables there for me. I like it simple. I use 3 fixed pins, for 20, 30, and 40 yards, but I modify the sight so that it has the "look" of a single pin sight. I love shooting single pin sights, I just found they were not the best hunting sight for me.

Here is a link to my post on how I modified my Copper John Deadnuts:

Copper John pin modification

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just mounted a Vital Bow Gear Pro Slide on my LX and love it.
I've always shot one pin, I just like the sight picture,It's much clearer than having those other pins in the way. I keep my sight set at 20 yards, that takes care of most of my stand hunting but if I do need to take a long shot from the ground it takes only seconds to adjust. by the way it has a level bubble on it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts