Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the post season sales going on right now I am looking at beefing up some of my gear. One thing that is lacking from my pack is a thin pair of gloves that I can operate a wrist release while wearing. I have thin mesh gloves for early season and thick insulated gloves for non shooting. I also use a hand warmer while in the stand. Does anyone have any recommendations for thin, yet somewhat warm gloves? I know I am not going to be able to wear the warmest gloves and still operate a release, but would like some warmth. Maybe merino wool gloves? Thanks in advance!

·
Coors Light Pro Staff
1,694 Posts
Men's Under Armour ColdGear Infrared Armour Fleece Gloves

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Sitka Fanatic gloves are great, thumb and trigger finger are cut out so you'll want to have a hand muff or put your hands in your pockets when you're not shooting but they perfect for bowhunting. Blackovis.com had them on sale over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I got a 3-pack of acrylic knit gloves from Dick's for $6.99. Cut hole in index finger and thumb.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! The fanatic gloves look pretty nice! Anybody else have any insight on them or any of the other Sitka gloves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
I don't have the Sitka Fanatic gloves, but I am pretty sure that they are the Traverse gloves with cut-outs for index finger and thumb. The Traverse gloves are awesome. I liked them so much I bought 3 more pairs. They are durable and cut the wind great. Unless you need the cut-outs, I would go with the Traverse.

Even better I got the Firstlite Talus gloves and put them over the Traverse when it gets really cold. I have lots of dexterity and my hands stay warm and no problems working a release. The only problem with the Talus gloves is that they aren't that durable.....so I put them on when I am in the stand.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I got some under armour gloves that are thin and fairly warm down to about 40 degrees there digital camo and cannot remember where I got them and have little ua logos on the palms for grip I wear wear them for bow season and turkey hunting

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
Light gloves, lined hand warmer pockets with a body warmer in each pocket.

Surgical gloves allow dexterity and the use of a touchscreen while they keep the wind off your hands.

Mechanix gloves for the walk in/out.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Cabelas Instinct Merino Wool gloves, they're light, tight fitting with silicon on the fingers and palms. I have two pair and absolutely love them. My system is a pair of those with a MT050 hand warmer muff and 2-3 charcoal hand warmers thrown in. Works great.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I will third the mechanix gloves. I buy the two pack when on sale. One insulated one not. Great gloves and when the hunting season is over I use them for work. I prefer no gloves once settled in a tree and keep my shooting hand in a muff with a hand warmer.
Spot and stalk gloves are a must.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts