Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
glow in the dark vanes

I received my glow in the dark vanes in 2 days, and went to my local bass pro shop were there were several top archers shooting inside, we fletched them up and tried them on crossbow and verticle bow arrows,
all the shooters loved the qualty of the fletch and we turned the lights of for some dark shooting and wow they really glow great,
These are great vanes that fletch and shoot and glow great, all the shooters want some for themselfs..
This will be a great selling fletchings,,,They come in a very good selection of sizes to fit most hunters needs

I rate these as excellent vanes that glow very good in the Dark

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
No

I have not.

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
I JUST got in a couple of samples...two minutes before I had to leave the other day. I will be giving them a quick run thru this weekend....
Wyvern

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I would be a little concerned. If they glow in the dark for us, they must glow in the dark for our quarry too, right??

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
It seems to be a soft glow...it is not like a light, more like a fire fly glow...I would think it would be no more noticed than the glow from an illuminated pin sight on a compound. Though how much of it you will be able to see when it is covered in blood is another issue...they are not like an illuminated nock
Wyvern

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Or you can light up any florescent red vane with a black light.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
It seems to be a soft glow...it is not like a light, more like a fire fly glow...I would think it would be no more noticed than the glow from an illuminated pin sight on a compound. Though how much of it you will be able to see when it is covered in blood is another issue...they are not like an illuminated nock
Wyvern
Ok ... that makes a big difference. Thanks, David

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
I think a reflective surface that

would work like trail markers when using a flash light would be more useful but even at that, in 46 years of bowhunting, I can recall only 2 instances where I could not find an arrow after pass through shots on deer. I could not find those arrows with a metal detector so..................;)

·
Bow Bender
6,302 Posts
Made by flex-fletch right? If so, they are top quality vanes I'm sure. I used to use ff exclusively and they are the toughest most forgiving vane I have ever used! Hard to fletch though. I mean just a pain. I would sand the shaft lightly and sand the base of the vane and clean with acetone. Do that though and you ain't ever going to have one fall off or give you a minutes trouble no matter what you do to 'em!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I always used a wrap on the shaft when fletching FF vanes.

I use a refective wrap on all my arrows. Even a weak flashlight really makes them glow.

·
Registered
755 Posts
How long do they glow after last light?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Won't these things be a dead giveaway in low light situations?
I would think not. It's been my experience with anything glow-in-the-dark is they have to be "charged", meaning a heavy light source on it before used. So as dusk comes it would be gradual and I think the glow would be minimal at best.

This is just a guess and I have never used these before.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would think not. It's been my experience with anything glow-in-the-dark is they have to be "charged", meaning a heavy light source on it before used. So as dusk comes it would be gradual and I think the glow would be minimal at best.

This is just a guess and I have never used these before.
That's what I was thinking. So, wouldn't they lose their charge by the time you need it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts