Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ferr-L-Tite. Heat the glue a bit and spread it on the taper. Next heat your BH [it'll re-melt the glue], you cleaned the inside of the ferrule first, though. Now twist it in a circle while seating it, and dip in water. Spin test for trueness.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you are going to use these arrows in cold weather, do not use ferr-l-tite hot melt glue! you will loose your tips in practice targets. Use a bit softer hotmelt (can buy from Three Rivers, or other trad. archery sites) or find some of the tan hotmelt used for cardboard boxes, works great cold or hot weather!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Bohning Powerbond. It is a Polyeurathane glue like "Gorilla Glue". But not as messy, by any means.

·
Registered
Black Hawk Yellow Jacket.
185 Posts
I bought some black & decker hot melt glue at a flea market several years ago. Bought a bulk of it (maybe 50 8 inch long sticks) for about $10, and they seem to work great. They melt at a lower temp than ferreltite.

hnh

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use fletch tite, and while it takes 12 hours to completely set, i have never had a tip pull off in a 3-d or an animal, or tree for that matter. My cedars snap first. unorthodox but it works great! plus it lets go when you heat it with a lighter for changing tips.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
i use hot glue but wedge the heads on tight. after a few kills and rough use they sometimes lossen, but haven't had any problems. hot glue round here is cheap.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Most any hot melt, or epoxy will work. Make sure that you clean the inside of the tip before you attempt to glue it on. The process of making the heads leaves a residue on them, and the glue will not hold.
I heat the inside with the flame for a short time, and it seem to take care of the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts