Archery Talk Forum banner

go muddy safety hareness users??

4651 Views 28 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  tnarb
i was looking into buying a go muddy safety hareness. Does the tree strap with caribiner not come with it or do you have to order it as an accessory for another 18 bucks?
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
331 Posts
I think I am going to get one to>

How is the sizing? Does it run true to their Chart? or should I order smaller or Larger?

· Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey guys did anybody catch mathews tv this week????? I don't really like the show but dave watson gave a little promo for go muddy!!! He promoted it as one of the best. Nice to see a newer company making waves in the archery business. Only two more days and i get mine... hopefully i will never put it to its full use:wink::wink:

· Registered
1,975 Posts
I'll be fully equip with Muddy this season

· Registered
256 Posts
Yep, comes with the strap and caribiner

It's a quality harness. We're fans of the vest style but Field Tested the Muddy Outdoors harness this past Fall and really liked it. I'd treat ordering the size of the harness as if you were ordering a hunting shirt. Large, Xlarge etc.

It's better to order a tad bigger if you're unsure. You can always sinch it up :smile:

· Registered
960 Posts
The Go Muddy harness looks a lot like my Loggy Bayou safety harness. Has anyone compared the two? I like the Loggy a lot better than the HSS.

· Registered
2,130 Posts
The Go Muddy harness looks a lot like my Loggy Bayou safety harness. Has anyone compared the two? I like the Loggy a lot better than the HSS.
I agree. I have been using the Loggy Transformer for years, and the Muddy looks like a copy to me. I looked at the Muddy at the GR show here in Michigan. It is nice, but is basically a Transformer.
People can't seem to find the Transformer much anymore, so Muddy should do well.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
go muddy

i thought I READ IN A PAST POST THAT GO MUDDY MADE THE LOGGY BOYOU TRANSFORMER HARNESS FOR THEM . I HAD THE LOGGY FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS AND LIKED IT BUT GOT A GO MUDDY FOR XMASS HAVENT TRIED IT YET BUT I THINK ILL LIKE IT

· Registered
504 Posts
Finally got to try on a Muddy harness at the Iowa Deer Classic. They rule. Good people too, they have several products that rank up there IMO. Classic example of a "build a better mousetrap" company and they succeed at it using HQ materials and listening to what customers are actually asking for.

· Registered
191 Posts
For those who are thinking of picking up the harness......

I believe there are some changes they are making to their current harness. If it is possible, I would wait till summer or you know for certain the changes are in place before you go buying a Muddy harness RIGHT now. After the changes, I plan on picking one up as well.

As far as the Loggy Bayou Transformer comparisons, you gonna see a lot of similarities between Loggy Bayou products and Muddy products. This goes for the Loggy Bayou Predator lock-ons vs. the Muddy Hunter lock-ons as well.

I've heard of some reasons "why" for this. I just personally haven't confirmed and I don't like to spread rumors.

14,249 Posts
For those who are thinking of picking up the harness......

I believe there are some changes they are making to their current harness. If it is possible, I would wait till summer or you know for certain the changes are in place before you go buying a Muddy harness RIGHT now. After the changes, I plan on picking one up as well.

As far as the Loggy Bayou Transformer comparisons, you gonna see a lot of similarities between Loggy Bayou products and Muddy products. This goes for the Loggy Bayou Predator lock-ons vs. the Muddy Hunter lock-ons as well.

I've heard of some reasons "why" for this. I just personally haven't confirmed and I don't like to spread rumors.
What kind of changes???

· Registered
191 Posts
Sorry guys, I don't have specifics yet. All I know is a online retailer who I deal with, is going to start carrying all of the Muddy lineup when the changes are made to the harness and the Muddy sticks are finally available. They don't currently carry Muddy products but they know the quality of the harness, sticks, as well as the stands.

Like I said, I don't know how extensive the changes are going to be. You may find the changes aren't a huge deal to your personal preference. I was able to see the harness at the ATA show, but I don't know if it was pre-changes or post-changes. Either way, this is a solid choice as far as harnesses go. :thumbs_up:

For those who may have recently purchased a harness, I might ask Muddy if they will refund the money on the grounds you want to get the updated version. I don't know how they will handle it.

Sorry I can't bring you specifics, I know I am holding off until the new harnesses are available, but like I said, the changes are probably not going to be extensive, I would assume just simple changes to make the harness better.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.