Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Mathews LX in the mail today. I want to use this bow so bad however my season opener is next weekend and I would have to take everything off my old bow and put it on my new bow. I dont know how to do it myself so I would have to take it somewhere. The other problem is that I will be at college all this week so I would only be able to shoot it this weekend to sight it in. What should I do go get it sighted in or just let it sit until next year?

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
No offense but...

SB1Hunter said:
I just got my Mathews LX in the mail today. I want to use this bow so bad however my season opener is next weekend and I would have to take everything off my old bow and put it on my new bow. I dont know how to do it myself so I would have to take it somewhere. The other problem is that I will be at college all this week so I would only be able to shoot it this weekend to sight it in. What should I do go get it sighted in or just let it sit until next year?
I'm not trying to be a butt hole, but I would wait until after season, when you have more time to shoot it. A lot of people can get a new bow and hunt with it that evening, but your post makes you seem a little new to the sport. If your not I mean no offense, so please don't take it the wrong way. If you are a proficient archer, and the bow is set up right for your draw, go for it, but do it quick so that the string can get done stretching, and you can get her tuned up.

Good Luck,
Ben

·
Registered
11,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention this will be my 5th year achery hunting and I have owned 5 different bows. The bow is used so it has already stretched. And everything is set up to my draw. It feels A LOT more comfortble than my SB1.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
No offense, but it's really your call.

Old wisdom say to stick with what you're already familiar with, but if you're really burning to use the new bow, you'll find any reason and justification to do so. However, if you're the kind of person that can get used to a new bow and make all the necessary adjustments and tune to shoot bullet holes with your BHs in a day, then why not? :wink:

Be safe and have a great season!

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I say strip down your Newberry and put the stuff on your new bow. If you have to spend all day Saturday trying to get it set up....just do it. There is no way I would drop that kind of coin a new bow and not shoot it for a few months.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
SB1Hunter said:
I forgot to mention this will be my 5th year achery hunting and I have owned 5 different bows. The bow is used so it has already stretched. And everything is set up to my draw. It feels A LOT more comfortble than my SB1.
Then go for it, good luck. Here's some help you didn't ask for...Get Le Earls tuning video, and learn to tinker with your bow. You'll learn that it's not rocket science. I bought the video in the spring, and cut my serving off of my bow, just to reserve it for practice, now I have a bow press, and I make my own strings, and I help all of my buddies set up their bows. Beware, once you start tinkering, you'll have to mess with someone else's bow, just so you stop messing with your own :wink: .

Good Luck, whatever you do,

Ben

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
If YOU think you can do it....then GO for it. I agree...get LeEarls DVD. Working on bows is NOT rocket science like stated above. I do ALMOST all of my own work right now.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
go for it! i took my girlfriends new bow out last night and was hitting bulleyes at 20 yards in five minutes. she's never even shot the bow yet!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
SB1Hunter said:

GO... for sure... 2 hours setup.. and a hour of shooting you're done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts