Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my new axis arrows i was using Bohning PLatinum to fletch blazer's and if you put any side pressure on them they would snap off... this naturally made me negatively excited... we went to a shop and he had us try Goat Tuff... this is the most awesome stuff we have ever used... i messed up on one vane and realized it 5 minutes after and tried to peel it off... not happening, we had to take a knife and start it and i tried to pull it off from there and ripped the vane in half instead... i love this stuff, was wondering if anyone else has tried this or has used it

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I Just Started Doing My Own Arrows , And Thats What I Used Finally I Made A Good Choice That I Didn't Have To Pay For Again.i Haven't Had A Vain Fall Off Yet. Good Stuff.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually... its VERY good stuff

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
I have the Boning Platinnum cause thats what Walmart sells and they sponsor me. But once it runs out, I'm getting Goat Tuff, I hear its the shizzle.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
My shop has a glue named Maxi cure, it is awesome also, about 5 seconds and you can't pull vanes off, and cleans off good when refletching, just use a dull knife.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I used Goat Tuff this year with my blazers and it works great. I was using AAE fastset gel and I had a few blazers fall off.

·
Banned
910 Posts
Bohning is a lil easier to work with. ..but if your real careful and use Goattuff very conservatively(you almost need to develop a super conservative technique)its very tough and durable.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
Goat Tuff- awesome but might cause some whitening on the shafts...no big deal to me...

Bohning Quamtum XT- just as good as goat tuff, no whitening on shaft

AAE Speedflyte- little more thicker...still bonds as good

Got some more goat tuff on the way....used in combination with the debonder and a q-tip you can have HIT inserts ready to shoot in seconds :)

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
agreed that Goat Tuff is great. Don't have to spend an hour cleaning shafts like some other types of glue require to get them to stick.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After using Goat Tuf I don't know why I'd ever try anything else. Don't know if you have to but I still clean with 90% alcohol first. Heard Maxi-cure is good to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts