Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to give Goat Tuff a try...I see it described on eBay as Premium and economy...are they the same?

Scott:embara:

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Nope two different grades, one glue is better then the other, it shows in the price also :wink:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best Glue Deal?

I guess that figures...the price for a 1 oz. size of the premium was just a buck less than the other in a 2 oz. bottle!

They are pretty proud of these fletching glues...Who has the best glue deal?

Scott

·
Banned
910 Posts
all i can tell you is, it works for me. I just take a moist paper towel and wipe the fletch end of shaft. I you look at the papertowel after wiping you will see the graphite /carbon dust coming off. That way you are glueing to the shaft, not the dust.Then i just glue them down and they are tough. A lil bit goes a long way, cut a small hole and be very consrvative and careful, 'cause it is kinda runny. Once you get the hang of it, you will be sold on it.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
They are pretty proud of these fletching glues...Who has the best glue deal?

walmart:
bondini gel
loctite gel in the blue&grey applicator bottle

lowes/home depot:
superglue professional

any decent hobby shop:
maxi-cure red
zap-a-gap
slow zap
flex zap

archery shop:
cyber 007
pine ridge

there are alot of VERY good glues out there that are not advertised for archery uses, just have to look outside the box.

is goat tuff good?, sure, but not when you can get pine ridge glue at twice the quantity for 2/3's the price. i have used all the glues mentioned and my all work excellant.

if you get into a pinch, just some regular ol' superglue will work good too.

be aware of the 'frosting' that some glues will make. its harmless, its the ambient humidity acting with the glue's vapors. a quick wipe with a lint free rag dampened with acetone takes care of that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts