Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Broke and Happy
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at these back in the spring and decided against them but I am tempted to get some now so while hunting deer/turkey this fall I might give them a try. Anyone used these? Do they fly good/bad? End results?? Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
JMHO...Cumbersome, bulky, and don't fly very well. The promo shows them as being extremely effective….but they are not for me.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
I bought some last year b/c the video made them look awesome. I got out in the field, drew my bow back and the arrow came off of the string. COme to find out, my arrow length was not long enough and the blade hit the front of the riser. Needless to say, i only had one chance at the gobbler. I may try them again next year. Unless you want to buy mine i never used?

·
Broke and Happy
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ciscokid said:
I bought some last year b/c the video made them look awesome. I got out in the field, drew my bow back and the arrow came off of the string. COme to find out, my arrow length was not long enough and the blade hit the front of the riser. Needless to say, i only had one chance at the gobbler. I may try them again next year. Unless you want to buy mine i never used?
how much? 100gr.?

·
Registered
470 Posts
save Your Money Pal.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I used them last year and they do fly true. Yes you need to use a full length 32" arrow. If your bow is tuned, then you won't have a problem. I took a gobbler this past spring. I sighted in my field points at 20yds and the guillotine was dead on. Given, I was using 5 inch feathers with extreme helical. Maybe thats one of the reasons why people can not get them to fly.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
ciscokid said:
Not to be too critical, but how can you knock a product that you obviously did not test with your set up prior to hunting with it?:confused:

I own some of the first Guillotines that ever came out and first thing I did when I got them was to test them with my set up. Had 3 long arrows made up with 5" fletching just as the manufacturer recommends. Then I took them out and shot them. When set up properly, they fly surprisingly well out to 25 yards or so, in my experience.

Like them or hate them, I don't care. I just don't see how you can blame a product when you did not set your gear up correctly and test it from the start.

·
Broke and Happy
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WoodyH28 said:
save Your Money Pal.
I hate you

See I am not going Turkey hunting in the fall but if one comes in on me while deer hunting then I am going to drop it. Since my bow is already set up for the 28 1/2" arrows and tips I have now it is probably best if I wait until spring to use them. No point in adjusting everything for something that is not my primary target. Anyone have some they would want to sell??

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
DEC

To start off with, this was 2 months after i got into archery. I wanted to try anything & everything i could at the time.

I realize now how silly that was. Thanks for your feedback but try to re-read before you post things that i said already.

I don't remember saying that they were not good at all. I stated the reason why my first experience was not a successful one. Did you miss that part?

The promo video on their site inspired me to buy the product. I just offered it to a fellow archer that seem to need it more than me.

I think i speak for alot of people here when i say, If you are not going to say something nice, don't say anything at all. Especially if you don't read the entire post.

Share knowledge not bitterness.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
they're the only way to go if your looking for a turkey broadhead, IMO. Lose a couple of birds with regular broadheads and you'll see why I say that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I need this broadhead, this thing is awesome. Damn promo video's making me spend more money! How much are these things??
Steve

·
Registered
965 Posts
AWESOME!!! Heads

They are what I would call a high maintenance hunt, but will worth it. See my vidoe of the second bird I've taken with them http://www.m--1.com/hunting/

To fly right you do need the arrow setup as instructed, long, full helical 5" fletching, etc.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I read your entire post 2 times and was in complete shock that someone would take a product out into the field to hunt without ever trying it first.

I don't care who's broad head it is or arrows they are or bow brand it is, to take a product out into the field and hunt without ever first testing it at the range is irresponsible. Sorry if you get offended by me calling a spade a spade, but you are the one that tried it, not me.

·
Custom callmaker
3,469 Posts
I did not get to shoot a turkey but after setup and after a buddy got one we strung him up and 20yds , WOW next year I hope it comes together because these are cool. Fly great and the head is cut clean off.

I opted for the 125 for the larger cut. Also set-up exactly as the instructions say. My friend tried them and said they would not fly. Well he didn't install the plastic guards. I did and it makes a difference. Why? don't care it does.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have shot them for two years now, four turkeys dead outside the blind. These things are in my opinion the answer to turkey hunting. No more chasing birds with an arrow in them. I have found them to fly unbelievably well, I am shooting a full length arrow with the BIG fletching. Of course you have to shoot them with the sheaths on, I tried them without and got terrible arrow flight. I did have to take off my sight guard and I need to put the arrows in my quiver upside down to transport them, little of a pain ya, but worth it, the only other problem was I had to wash the blood off my blind!! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts