Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw a guy bounce one of these of a Tom on tv today! Hit the bird in the wing. The bird runs off with the guy proclaiming ...He's not hurt!! I hit him low!! Gimme a break!! If you weighed 20-25# got hit from a projectile out of a 60-70# bow.. Think you would be hurt!! The old .. You either got a dead bird or you miss just does'nt wash!!:(:(

·
Registered
139 Posts
huh

What doesn't wash? Say someone walked up and punched you in the shoulder as hard as they could? Do you die from it? You get stunned. Thats why you can't use blunt tipped arrows in most states.

I've seen feathers fly off of geese shot with shotgun pellets and not go down. Big birds with lots of feathers are hard to kill.

·
Registered
154 Posts
bh

guilotine broadheads are designed to hit the turkey in the head and cut the head off but ya i understand what you mean, It would of hurt the bird.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What doesn't wash? Say someone walked up and punched you in the shoulder as hard as they could? Do you die from it? You get stunned. Thats why you can't use blunt tipped arrows in most states.

I've seen feathers fly off of geese shot with shotgun pellets and not go down. Big birds with lots of feathers are hard to kill.

Get one of your buddies up there in the Minn. to shoot ya in the arm or the ribs with a G.G. out off a 65# bow! See if ya feel stunned!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts