Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience planting the "Gobbler" Sawtooth Oak Variety? I've planted regular sawtooths but never "Gobbler".

What are the differences? What sets them apart? What are the pros or cons of the "Gobbler" Sawtooth?

Any info?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I talked to a seller for Mossy Oak recently and he said that only difference was that the gobbler had smaller size acorns. Basically the same tree. I plan to order some of both.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Yes, smaller acorns fitting for wildlife and birds. I have planted several of these and plan to plant more soon. I work for the GFC and sell a good many of these trees.

·
DeaD Middle
4,447 Posts
I think they start producing within ten years or so. They use them as ornimentals around me. Basically the same thing as sawtooth.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
I have both gobbler and regular sawtooths. As already stated, the only difference is acorn size.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Which oak type grows the fastest and produces acorn the soonest?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Oaks take a while to produce. Chestnuts are quicker at producing a mast crop and drop earlier. As far as oaks go though, I saw a chestnut oak advertised by a nursery that offered a sweeter acorn, probably a variety of the white acorn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts