Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a creed. Shot it for the past year and a half including some 5 spot last winter.
Let a buddy of mine use the XLR8 as he was planning to buy it. He had second guessed buying it. So I told him use it til season is over and I'll just take it back. No problem......
I'm excited to be getting that ol speed freak back.

29.5 draw. Pulling 75# on 80# limbs.
Going to the cx pile drivers next year to chase some Mule deer around out west hopefully!!

Anybody else ever gone back to an older bow and wonder why they left?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Wish I never got rid of the 2 I had.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I’m going back to the “older” Mathews that I really liked. Got my xlr8 and monster 7.0. Looking for a z7 and mq1. Got rid of my halon 6, chill x and r.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I had a MR5 again last year. Out-shot all 3 of the 2016 bows that I had here, and was blistering fast and quiet.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Had a XLR8 basically given to me by a client about a month ago, found some 28.5" mods on ebay and was finally able to fire some arrows a week ago, the draw is pretty stiff and pretty noisy compared to the new offerings, but it is fast! it's pretty cool looking being all black with pink strings and dampers! What is the main thing you guys like about the XLR8?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Had a XLR8 basically given to me by a client about a month ago, found some 28.5" mods on ebay and was finally able to fire some arrows a week ago, the draw is pretty stiff and pretty noisy compared to the new offerings, but it is fast! it's pretty cool looking being all black with pink strings and dampers! What is the main thing you guys like about the XLR8?
Something is off if yours is noisy. I like them because they are a high let off speed bow. I use my xlr8 with 530 grain fmj’s topped with rage extremes. 2 massive holes from a pass through. Plus I think they just look mean!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
What arrows are you shooting and what draw weight? Too light of an arrow would make for a noisy bow.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Victory elite 350 with the stainless insert, 100 grain point, it's a 70 pounder but I have it at 65, I don't know what the arrows weigh.
7.8 gr/in + 95 gr insert +100 gr tip + 12 gr vanes + 10 gr nock should give you plenty of weight on your arrow for 65#...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Bought a creed. Shot it for the past year and a half including some 5 spot last winter.
Let a buddy of mine use the XLR8 as he was planning to buy it. He had second guessed buying it. So I told him use it til season is over and I'll just take it back. No problem......
I'm excited to be getting that ol speed freak back.

29.5 draw. Pulling 75# on 80# limbs.
Going to the cx pile drivers next year to chase some Mule deer around out west hopefully!!

Anybody else ever gone back to an older bow and wonder why they left?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
If you like to tinker throw some Chill SDX cams on it. You won't regret it. I have a thread below somewhere on my results by doing this to my daughters MR6. Really makes the early Monster series bows a pleasure to shoot.
And yes, the XLR8 is Classic!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I recently traded for an xlr8 and had my shop pro tune it for me. He did a great job. Shoots amazing and I like the solid back wall.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I recently traded for an xlr8 and had my shop pro tune it for me. He did a great job. Shoots amazing and I like the solid back wall.
It’s a sweet rig man! Fassst as all get out!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Might be looking for an XLR8 at 80lbs to set up with a Hickory Creek Draw-loc. Have it set up with a Z7 Extreme now but looking for a bit more speed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts