Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night sitting in the family room watching TV after a long day working around the house...

When all of a sudden this "B-52" flys by us, (at least it seemed that big when it misses your head by inches!).... A BAT! zoom, zam.. up and down all around...

Needless to say 2 dogs, 2 cats, and three people, (My daugther heard the hollering and came running downstairs).. were jumping, running, hollering, and in general, bouncing all over after this poor little bat. (I think the dogs and cats had alterior motives. :wink: )

My son left the 3rd story window open... and said bat came and was just trying to get the hell out the mad house..

Finally we got him out unharmed... (He and his friends do a good job keeping the skeeters under control..) But it took about 20 minutes of running from the basement to the 3d floor.. chasing this guy..

Nothing to do with Archery... but thought it was interesting!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
LOL sounds like it was an interesting night...:tongue:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey I got one for ya, I was at work last Sunday night and had a bat fly out of the crankcase of the engine I was working on. no i was not the only one who saw it. but I did have to go change pants

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
A few years ago when I was a store manager one of my employees had a bat in his bathroom. So another employee suggested leaving the lights on and the window open... when he got home there were two bats in his bathroom!:eek:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Bats

Bought the log home in the avatar a couple of years ago..seller neglected to mention bats. Noticed an occasional bat the first year, and a lot more this year. The exterminator folks wanted 3K to fix the problem so we hired a local kid with the right climbing equipment to go up and replace the screening in the ventilated ridge cap for about $300.

Problem solved (I hope), at least we no longer see them flying out at dusk. They aren't easy to catch in a 2 story log home..just disappear when they land. Kinda freaked my wife..guess we'll see when the weather starts to warm next spring.

Jerry
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts