Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been an Elite shooter for the past year and it’s been wonderful. The V37 is probably the most forgiving bow I’ve shot and in my opinion one of the easiest to shoot and tune. I’ve recently picked up a Hoyt Proforce and I love it. Like the V37, it isn’t racy and it’s easy to to hold and situate yourself. That’s about where the two bows go totally different ways. V37 has a back wall that is concrete reinforced with rebar. The Hoyt has a little spring to it but not spongy. I’ve been shooting a Stan thumb release and really wanted to try a BT. The Elite for me just wasn’t compatible with BT. This Hoyt on the other hand shoots wonderful with it.

Tuning the Hoyt is just too easy. Honestly, it takes about 20 minutes in total. The V37 I’ve tuned doesn’t take much longer. Took me about an hour to bare shaft tune the Elite (taking my time). That’s fast and easy. The Hoyt? Just tell her she’s pretty and she’s tuned. Honestly, it takes about 5 arrows and your done. I could have been lucky, but I’ve read other reviews stating the same results.

Bad form? The Elite will cover for you. The Proforce? She’s a mean mean girl. You better be nice and man up. Bad form is punishable by death. Those slight misses with the Elite are 10 rings instead of 12’s. Hoyt hopes you enjoy 5’s. The Proforce doesn’t forgive like the Victory. Honestly, that’s not a bad thing. It gives you feedback on what you’re doing wrong and spanks your butt.

Holding seems a weee bit better on the Hoyt, but that could be in my head. The V37 held great as well.

All in all, I have to say I really enjoyed shooting the Elite. It was a phenomenal bow and I’m sure I’ll have those days where I regret trading it off. The Hoyt Proforce though, besides being sexy as all get out, is really showing me where I was lacking and my form is getting way better. My groups are good and getting even tighter. I honestly already love this rig.

So, if anyone wants to comment their opinions about these two bows go at it. I just wanted to chime in and give my two cents. Sorry it’s remedial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Nice looking bow, thanks for the review!

·
Registered
8,542 Posts
Looks sweet but if there is even a smidge of Truth and no exaggeration in your third (I believe) paragraph that would be enough for me to send the Hoyt packing without a second thought.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks sweet but if there is even a smidge of Truth and no exaggeration in your third (I believe) paragraph that would be enough for me to send the Hoyt packing without a second thought.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Perhaps I embellished a wee bit, but it’s nowhere near as forgiving. I’ve had many bad shots fire 6” -8” out. Most bad shots are about 4”. The V37 would be less than half. That said, with several hundred shots now on the Hoyt, it’s become a moot point. My form has corrected a ton.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, today was my first 3D shoot after moving from the Elite V37 to the Hoyt Proforce. Shot 7 12’s. This thing holds like nothing I’ve ever shot. Shooting a bag in the back yard is easy and not a good measurement of 3D performance in my opinion. Today was my first test. Understand I’m very new to back tension releases. This thing (HT truball) and my Proforce work well together. I’ve never felt this confident in my equipment.

After shooting this bow today and the previous week in the yard I have realized many of my “unforgiving “ comments were actually not the bow, but my improper use of a hinge. After practice and getting used to my totally new set up, I have to admit... the Hoyt Proforce is a better bow. That sounds sacrilegious to me being how much I loved my V37. But, honestly...it plain out shoots it.

Just wanted to add this too my previous review. The Hoyt Proforce is not a mean girl after all. Don’t get me wrong... the V37 is more forgiving but that doesn’t mean the Hoyt is hateful.

Love the new set up. Gonna stick with it for a while it seems. Totally happy

·
Registered
364 Posts
Good insight from actual use.
I just purchased an Elite Victory X - 1st new bow in 10 years. Previously shooting two 2007 Bowtech Commanders (one for target/one for hunting) & a 2008 Commander. What a difference! The Commanders were/are very easy to tune, etc; no press required. Need a press with the Victory. Very happy with the Elite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts