Archery Talk Forum banner

Going under the knife next week...

715 Views 39 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  txcookie
Pancreatitis is back and in full force. :mad::mad::mad:

Have not had a real meal now in well over four weeks. :eek:

I have lost 25# (maybe a bit more) due to my toast, sugar free jello, and chicken broth diet as of late. :mad:

Last year I went through the same thing and, obviously, the issues were not resolved. I hope that the surgery I have scheduled for next week will, finally, take care of the issue once and for all. One thing is for sure, I can't afford to be on this diet much longer! None of my clothes fit anymore!

Anyway, some thoughts and prayers are requested, not for the surgery, but, for the fact that the damn doctors better fix me up proper this time! :mad:

At least there is a chance that I will get to whitetail hunt in the east in a month! :)
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
868 Posts
Prayers sent

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
Good luck in the OR and in NY!

· Registered
Hoyt RX7, Prois Hunting Apparel,Kishel's Scents
4,284 Posts
Will be praying for a safe surgery and quick recovery! too bad it won't be happening in the hospital I'm doing my clinical in for nursing...I could be your student nurse and we could chat hunting,lol.

· Registered
143 Posts
Campo,
I will pray for you and think of you from this day forward. I have had cancer myself
and recovered. I'm still climbing trees and waiting anxiously for the NY opener.
Be strong and think positive, the physicians of today are miracle workers. My daughters
father in-law has recently successfully undergone pancreatic surgery for over 2 1/2
years now.
God be with you

· Registered
7,438 Posts
Hey Campo, We'll be praying for a safe surgery and quick recovery for ya.

Have fun chasing them whitetails.

· Registered
1,809 Posts
We're hoping and praying that everything goes good and that you'll be "fixed up right" for good this time. Good luck!

· Classifieds Administrator
39,734 Posts
Prayers sent, get better soon Campo.

· Registered
1,310 Posts
Campo prayers are sent
. Good luck with your recovery and join the club I had 3 surgeries in the last 4 months 2 on my elbow and 1 on low back. Now the Drs. say I might be able to gun hunt in Nov. lost entire season of riding the Harley and the early bow season for sure.
Medical science has come a long way in the last few years so I think they will get it right this time.

· # 9 # 9 # 9......
2,081 Posts
Good Luck Campo! Speedy healing!

You just tell that Doctor that you'll pee all over the leather seats in his Porche if he doesn't fix you up right this time.:wink: BTW, did you get a refund after the last surgery? :)

HR

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.