Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it one Martin dealer (Eders) has their Martin Gold series bows posted to be sold over the cyber market. But when one would ask other Martin dealers such as Lancaster why they don't do that.

You get this half hour long lecture about how it would breach their contract with Martin.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Gold series can be sold on the internet. It's the pro series that can't.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Then someone from Martin need to tell the Lancaster staff that, I called to inquire about getting a Gold series bow through them around three months ago and got the same story from them.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Plainsman,

That's funny considering some of the gold series Martin bows are listed in the catalog to buy.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
"Check out a Gold Series bow today at your favorite Sporting Goods retailer " Quote from Martin Archery page. In other words even Cabela's could sell these since they are a sporting goods retailer.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I think Lancaster may have confused the Pro Series with the Gold Series. Just my thought..

·
Registered
713 Posts
x-ring said:
Plainsman,

That's funny considering some of the gold series Martin bows are listed in the catalog to buy.
Now they are, about three months after I called them and wasted my time on the phone with them.:p

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ian said:
"Check out a Gold Series bow today at your favorite Sporting Goods retailer " Quote from Martin Archery page. In other words even Cabela's could sell these since they are a sporting goods retailer.

Ian, I wish I really could buy one locally but with one bow dealer here I am limited on my selection. Lets see Mathews or Hoyt, don't really feel like getting in the middle of a back stabbing campaign. I asked them about the Cougar III and they were told by their distributor it would be 10 weeks and I would be looking at paying $800.00. A wait that long I just as well wait for the 04 line to be released. :)
Far as Cabelas after what they got their fingers into here I made an oath that I wil never deal with them again. But that is another story.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Brad Rega said:
Which bow ACC?
Hey Brad I "was" looking for a Cougar III till this morning.

I just don't understand if it don't breach the dealers policy with Martin to sell the gold series bows online why don't more Martin Dealers do it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yes the 03-04 catalog has them, when I called them about three weeks ago in reguards the Cougar III then I didn't have a 03-04 catalog in my posession. :confused: And the party I talk to didn't have a clue as to what they were talking about.

Probally someone on the cleaning crew:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts