Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some good new hunting arrows. Anybody got an opinion on which one of these they like better. To me they are pretty much nose to nose. Seems like if you want the extra half grain per inch, you can go with the 3-39.
Open to discussion, give it to me straight.

·
OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,465 Posts
55-75

I like the acc but I dont think they are as tough as the 55-75 if you hit a side wall on a acc they seem to crush easy at least they did with they ones that I had. Both great arrows I just think they 55-75 is a better all around arrow and if you where in a pinch like say out of town and need a few arrows on a hunt I would think most shops would carry a 55-75 over a acc that is not as common. Just my opinion

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I used to shoot Gold Tips, and they just didn't seem very durable to me (maybe I'm really hard on arrows), so I switched to Eastons, and got some A/C/C's and they worked really well, but then I sold that bow with the arrows and on my new bow I'm shooting A/C/C Pro Hunting arrows (about the same as the regular A/C/C's) and they are flying really well. I would go with the A/C/C's, but that's just me

·
Registered
51,108 Posts
They are not even in the same class.
#1 arrow hands down out of the two------A/C/C better straightness tolerance, better quality all around(and a price to go with it). Best of both worlds aluminum core, carbon wrap. Can they be bent sure they can.
#2 Gold Tip XT excellent arrow, good straightness tolerance. Can't be bent, for half the money.
I shoot both of them plus Carbon Express Maxima. They are all very good arrows and on the top of the game----your choice, your wallet, can't go wrong.:)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are not even in the same class.
#1 arrow hands down out of the two------A/C/C better straightness tolerance, better quality all around(and a price to go with it). Best of both worlds aluminum core, carbon wrap. Can they be bent sure they can.
#2 Gold Tip XT excellent arrow, good straightness tolerance. Can't be bent, for half the money.
I shoot both of them plus Carbon Express Maxima. They are all very good arrows and on the top of the game----your choice, your wallet, can't go wrong.:)
Actually the Pro Hunter GT's are a .001 compared to a .002 straightness ACC, but I agree to an extent with everybodies opinion. Anybody know price differences between the GT Pro Hunters and the ACC 3-39?

·
Registered
458 Posts
From my understanding, ACC's spine tolerance is better. That's where you get your best accuracy. But, wouldn't a 3-49 be a better match for spine? You could also use inserts instead of them dang POS half-outserts.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From my understanding, ACC's spine tolerance is better. That's where you get your best accuracy. But, wouldn't a 3-49 be a better match for spine? You could also use inserts instead of them dang POS half-outserts.

Yeah, I am kind of on the edge of spine. The only reason I would go for the 3-39 over the 3-49 is because in the future I intend to shoot a lower draw weight. I will probably see what kind of a price difference there is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts