Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the tolerance, OD, etc for this arrow? I can't seem to find it. And for those who have shot it, how does it compare to the ACC?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
The tolerances are basically the same. It's a little heavier than the ACC, but for half the price, I would definitely shoot them if I shot Field Archery anymore!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I dont know how they may have changed since Goldtip bought them, but I did have some the pre-Goldtip versions.

Comparing them to standard A/C/Cs...

Pros- Price, and I like the flared insert (no UBAR needed). Spine consistency was pretty good.

Cons- Noisy/rough finish, far more easily dented, carbon fiber lifts off/separates easily from the aluminum and even after installing G nocks and bushings it was still an issue at the nock end. Straightness was a bit worse than typical doz. of A/C/Cs. Overall durability was pretty poor.

I hope Goldtip has improved them.

·
Registered
992 Posts
gold tip

i shoot them outta my huntin bow.80 # guardian i shoot the 300 s and they seem to tune and group the best out of every arrow i ve tried.durability issues? i havent had one,they re pretty darn tough from what i ve experienced. good arrow imho

1 - 5 of 5 Posts