Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting Gametracker 3D select 300s arrows. They shoot great but they do not hold up very long. If another arrow hits the nock of another arrow, the nock end of the gametracker splits or cracks and the arrow is no longer any good, also if another arrow hits or slides down the side of the gametracker, they seem to splinter or crack very easily. I am thinking of going to Gold Tips 3D pros in 55/70, how do they hold up? Thanks!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Most people find the Gold Tips pretty durable. However, any arrow that gets smacked by a field point isn't going to take it. They might take a little slapping, but any hits to the relatively unprotected back end of the shaft will result in splintering or cracking.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
it's all a matter of what yuou like and i have shot most but i rely on carbon force arrows from pse excellent choice and very durable but like was said if you smack an arrow enough times they will crack and break look at the comp pro's or extremes
rob k

·
Registered
819 Posts
If you put uni bushings in the game trackers it will help with the back end splits from slap and incoming arrow hits unless they are dead center (robin hood). I have been using them for years in GT's with great success. I don't know how well they work with goldtips but think it would be the same......just use some hot melt so you can get them out after they have been hit and damaged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts