Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cple dozen of the above arrows that I want to try wrapping and putting vanes on myself. My problem is that I cant visualize in my head a good color combo for a camo arrow with orange brand label. I've searched to no avail. Anyone have good ideas or better yet pics of arrows. I defiantly want white involved in one way or the other for checking blood. Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
First off, no clue about colors and hunting (you might want to prevent colors that are easily spotted..)

Then, Orange and White work very well together, so an orange wrap with white vanes should look pretty clean. I think almost any combo of orange and white will work pretty well. (The brighter the orange, the better it will look)

·
******* Engineer
3,950 Posts
I know I've done this on my black shafts, but not sure how it would work with the camo ones... but I've used a small amount of acetone to take the labels off my arrows for a cleaner look. I assume the label is screen printed or something like that after the arrow is dipped in the camo... You could try one, but be gentle until you know how it will affect the camo dip.

If it works, then you can pick whatever fletch colors you want and use a white wrap for blood checking purposes. Just my thoughts, hope it helps some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts