Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried these broadheads? What are your likes and dislikes about these broadheads?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Used them about 8 years ago. Had the same luck, they didn't open up. All three heads came off of the threaded stud. THE absolute worst broad head I have ever used and would never use them again.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Shot a small doe in 2003 with them. Less than a 15 yard shot. Approximate 25 yard recovery. The doe froze in mid air and crashed. Pretty neat.

Recovered the arrow sticking in the ground. My lock-nock was busted off and there was no broadhead on my arrow (busted off at insert). No noteable blood trail.

Upon recovering the doe, I found the rest of the head on the ground near where she lay. Heart shot.

Though a quick recovery, I will not use Gladiators or Lock-nocks again. Love their shafts though!

1st and only deer I shot with that head.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I found it to be a solid head, and I've never had a problem with them, they open easily when they are supposed to , and make huge holes.
The thing I don't like about them, is that they stopped making them!!

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
5,716 Posts
re

Has anyone tried these broadheads? What are your likes and dislikes about these broadheads?
These are my favorite BH's but they no longer make em for some reason. They leave awesome trails and large holes. I wish I had a few packs this year.

Isaac

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gold tip Gladiator

I have access to several unopened 3 packs of 85 and 125 grain heads. The 125 are not Gladiators, not sure what they are. Look like they have an extra bleeder blade in the middle but other than that they look the same. Anyone interested PM me.

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
5,716 Posts
re

I have access to several unopened 3 packs of 85 and 125 grain heads. The 125 are not Gladiators, not sure what they are. Look like they have an extra bleeder blade in the middle but other than that they look the same. Anyone interested PM me.
Would ya mind postin some pics, or sending some via PM?

I may be interested if they look like someting I would like.

Thanx, Isaac.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I found it to be a solid head, and I've never had a problem with them, they open easily when they are supposed to , and make huge holes.
The thing I don't like about them, is that they stopped making them!!
I agree.In the past I've killed quite a few whitetails with them;all pass throughs.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I really liked them huge holes, good blood, but were only good for one or two shots before the ferrel was cracked or they would open in flight.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Can you still find these broadheads? If so where? A friend of mine has used these for years and swears by them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts