Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started using GTO nocks that came with Gold Tip Pro Hunter arrows in March. They seem to deform easily and hold the bend/deformation. Is this the norm? Any recommendations for a .166 nock that is more durable than GTO?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Never used the GTO nock. Easton G nock is .166 & are very durable. I have used the G nocks for several years without any problems.

·
Mark
5,239 Posts
GTO nocks are designed to be lite in weight, good for 3D arrows. Surprised they use on hunting arrows but what do I know.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Had great luck w/ the Easton Deep Six nocks, like them even more than the G's. Was not impressed w/ the Gold Tips either.

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,909 Posts
They been that way for years. when I called and asked they wanted to see them so I mailed them to GT, their answer...I abused my arrows and sent a dozen new nocks..

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did some research, which I guess I could have done before asking, and found plenty of evidence that they are a soft, pliable nock. Definitely no longer comfortable shooting them. I happened to have a G nock and a M nock laying around and just checked both of them. Neither of them is as soft as the GTO. I did learn that nock throat size matters. I must have the small G nock, as it doesn't fit as well on my serving.

It was nice having the bushings for shooting groups while tuning. I might just pull the bushings out all together put in some standard .246 nocks and retune.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They been that way for years. when I called and asked they wanted to see them so I mailed them to GT, their answer...I abused my arrows and sent a dozen new nocks..
That would be pretty funny if it weren't such an outrageous response from GT. I just twist them the wrong way and they stay bent.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've had good luck using Bohning F nocks since the Goldtip GTO bushings came out. No issues at all. The GTO's have saved a lot of shafts over the years.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone know the throat/diameter size of the GTO nock? Been searching but haven't found it. Found throat sizes for F, G, M nocks, but nothing for GTO.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I feel they are very flimsy. I like the easton deep six nocks. I am currently trying out the AAE IP nocks on my 3d arrows, so far pretty impressed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
918 Posts
I started using gold tips 6yrs ago and have had good luck with the nocks. I did have one break that I had hit with another arrow but that's not the nocks fault.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts