Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just ordered some Gold Tip Pro Hunter arrows for hunting and realized that the bushing causes my nockturnals not to fit. It seems that the bushings are glued in there so I guess I have two questions. One, can you take out the bushings? and two, I see that the G series nockturnals for victory arrows are a .165 while with the bushings in they are .166 would these work?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Tagged for interest as I have the same question

·
Hunter of many things
12,154 Posts
They shouldnt be glued, they just fit tight. You should be able to pull them out, I didnt use them. No need if you are not shooting groups, just adds weight to the back of the arrow IMO. If your inserts are not installed, stick a drill bit or similar in the end of the shaft and whip the arrow like you would a fly swatter and the bit will fly down the shaft and knock the bushing out. Just be careful!!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I used a drill bit inside the shaft to flick out the bushings they were glued to the shaft. I use a gt nocturnal to fit without the bushings

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They shouldnt be glued, they just fit tight. You should be able to pull them out, I didnt use them. No need if you are not shooting groups, just adds weight to the back of the arrow IMO. If your inserts are not installed, stick a drill bit or similar in the end of the shaft and whip the arrow like you would a fly swatter and the bit will fly down the shaft and knock the bushing out. Just be careful!!!
If the inserts are already in should you still be able to pull them out?

·
Registered
51,088 Posts
Most generally they are glued in. If you try and take them out you will more than likely wreck the shaft. You won't find a nockturnal that will work with the unibushing.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Heat the bushing lightly with a lighter and twist them out with a needle nose pliers. They are glued with hot glue from the factory at least mine were anyway. You may mess up the bushing a little but I didn't plan on reusing them anyway.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Before I installed my inserts I put a drill bit in the arrow and whipped it and drove the bushings out that way mine had a touch of glue and took about 3-5 good swings to knock them out

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
You could always knock them out with the gt weight wrench. It worked on a couple of mine with no damage to the bushings. Where there's a will there's a way my grandma always said! Lol

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I recently just ordered some Gold Tip Pro Hunter arrows for hunting and realized that the bushing causes my nockturnals not to fit. It seems that the bushings are glued in there so I guess I have two questions. One, can you take out the bushings? and two, I see that the G series nockturnals for victory arrows are a .165 while with the bushings in they are .166 would these work?
These work. I have them installed and ready to go.
Nockturnal-X Easton ACC (w/ X-UNI bushing)
Nockturnal-X Easton Da'Torch (w/ UNI bushing)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts