Archery Talk Forum banner

Gold Tip Pierce Platinum

2203 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  dakota09
I am looking closely at maybe purchasing some Pierce Platinums in the near future, however, I know the one downfall of most micro diameter arrows is their insert/outsert system. That being said, who is shooting these arrows using Gold Tips insert,outsert system and sleeve that comes with them and how is it holding up for you? How much does it weigh in total? I would be using these arrows for hunting and some 3D. Thanks in advance!

-Chris
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
578 Posts
I've been shooting the pierce since December. They are a lot tougher than vaps it seems. I haven't had any problems bending the ballistic collars at all. I forgot the exact weight on them but it seems like it was around 48 gr. I shoot broadheads and hogs all year and havent bent one yet so that's pretty impressive for me. I have a pile of bent vap outserts including the ss ones. The pierce is really great and I still shoot my kaos if I'm wanting something with more weight also.

· Registered
3,986 Posts
The new inserts/collar system on the Pierces are awsome, I have been shooting the heck out of them and they are in perfect condition, super durable. Probably the best insert/outsert system yet!

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! Glad to hear they are tougher than most out there. I know the insert sticks out from the end of the shaft, but how much carbon is covered by the sleeve? wondering for arrow length reasons

· Registered
4,267 Posts
I think they weigh 45 grains but not sure. They are as tough as nails from my experience. I have been shooting them since November 2015. They are a lot tougher and holding up better than my old FMJ's, glad I made the switch. These are the best arrows I have used to date. I hunted with them and shot a bear in June. I had no problem getting broadheads to fly with these arrows out of my setup and I believe I am probably a bit underspined. I can shoot exodus, ramcat, and Magnus black hornet ser-razors from 20 to 60 yards right with my field points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
308 Posts
I'm considering trying these as well.

What are you guys using to install the inserts with? and of course just as importantly what has not worked. So far all I have used for my other test arrows are Easton's HIT inserts or low temp hot glue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.