Archery Talk Forum banner

gold tip pin nocks

419 5
Has anyone else had a problem keeping the Gold Tip pin nocks from popping off of the string at full draw. My string is 20 strand xcell served with one layer of mini and one layer of 1D and a "P' loop. I think it is the "p" loop. I'm new to Gold Tip and pin nocks. Comments appreciated.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,340 Posts
Ditch the pin nocks and go with the uni-bushing for carbon arrows and the Easton G-nock, you'll be much happier!

· Registered
1,884 Posts
Another thing to consider...

Has anyone else had a problem keeping the Gold Tip pin nocks from popping off of the string at full draw. My string is 20 strand xcell served with one layer of mini and one layer of 1D and a "P' loop. I think it is the "p" loop. I'm new to Gold Tip and pin nocks. Comments appreciated.

What do you mean by "P" loop?

If your loop is tied under your knock, that is the problem causing the GT Pin Nocks to pop off. The ears on GT Pin Nocks are very short and the nocks are designed to be shot with a D-loop. If your GT Pin Nocks are popping off, you are getting nock pinch somewhere in your setup. Eliminate the nock pinch and you can shoot the best nocks made! :wink: On my WC string, the GT nock slides up and down with the least resistance, and the string only deflects 5/16" to pull the arrow off.

· Registered
5,550 Posts
I agree with Tuningfreak, it isnt the pin nocks themselves. I started shooting the GT standard pin nocks after outdoor nationals this year. I could hardly believe how much better my groups were at all ranges. I have since converted all my arrows to GT pin nocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.