Gold Tip Pro Hunter vs Easton ST Axis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas-

Gold Tip Pro Hunter vs Easton ST Axis w/ "carbon fused" nano... blah blah

I know this is kinda splitting hairs, but amongst the "premium" hunting arrows, which would you prefer for whitetail hunting this year?

The GTs have worked well in the past, but I don't mind trying something different with the new DXT rig this year.

Both are about the same price at my dealer $110-115 ready to go w/ custom fletching.

Gold Tip link

Easton ST Axis - new "fused carbon" link

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use GT's. Used them last year which was my first and they brought down a big russian boar and a javelina. Going to use them again this year.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I had a complete pass through on a 400 pound black bear last year with the easton axis. For whatever reason when I bought my new bow I went with GT Pro Hunters. I like the .001" straightness tolerance as opposed to the .003" of the axis. Gt are a little faster too becasue of weight.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I had a complete pass through on a 400 pound black bear last year with the easton axis. For whatever reason when I bought my new bow I went with GT Pro Hunters. I like the .001" straightness tolerance as opposed to the .003" of the axis. Gt are a little faster too becasue of weight.
i dont think the ordinary archer could tell a difference between .001 and .003.both are damn good arrows and the gts may be a little faster but the old regular axis was one tough arrow in the woods.i know,im hard on arrows.they say the in-fused carbon axis is supposed to be tougher yet ,i guess thats why i chose them for hunting this season.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Being a target guy too I loved my ACC's and didn't see myself switching.
however I tried out a set of Beman Black Max's 3 years ago and was very impressed with tolerances and grouping. Since then, I've shot either Black Max's or the new Axis shafts (340) and I have absolutely no complaints. I build them all to within 1 grain in weight and flight is outstanding. Bar none the most durable shaft I have ever shot. I also really like the additional weight of the Axis vs. the gold tip. I would shoot either without hesitation, but I will probably shoot the Axis for a while.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I have shot Axis for the last 3 years and the infused I think is better yet.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
been shooting axis for a few years. no complaints, they are tough and penetration is great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too close to call...

Well fellas, for all intents and purpose, I'd say this poll is a draw.

And come to find out, when I went to my local shop this morning, his ST Axis shafts were on backorder. Well, that sure helped me make the decision.

I wanted to try the NAP Quickspin Hunter vanes, but I figured I better stick with what I know and went with the Blazer 2" instead. Who knows... might experiment with a few later.

Thanks for all of your comments and advice. I really appreciate it.

Good luck this season!

-Lindley

1 - 8 of 8 Posts