Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Patriot
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Gold Tip just increase (dramatically) the price of Pro Hunter arrows? Two places online have them for well over $200 a dozen. Wth?:mg:

·
Registered
5,377 Posts

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
That ridiculous price is for the CAMO only...:mg:....the regular Black is still around $100 for the shafts.........:confused:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
$107 mto @ my local shop

·
Registered
965 Posts
can't be...

hope not...

that's my arrow...so it better not be.

:mg:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I've seen camo Pro Hunters listed for $230, but took that as a misprint.
That would be an impossible price.
Surely would be an 'end of lots of customer's patronage' price.
Surely $230 is a misprint, it better be or I will be buying other arrows too.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Its not a misprint, I don't know who knows the true answer, but the Gold Tip Pro Hunter camos did go up to over 200.00 on the arrows.

If a company has old stock then yes their prices are still at the reasonable in the 120 area, but once they run out and have to buy new stock from Gold Tip look out. Its kinda confusing as well I think why that went up in price for the Pros in camo but the XT Hunter and the Expedition Hunter in camo are still at the same prices :confused:

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
No it is not a misprint. I was speaking to a gentleman at Lancaster Archery regarding the price increase. It has to do with the tolerances of that arrow with the Camo. It is too difficult to get the tolerences so Gold Tip is basically pricing the arrow so they dont have to make them anymore. If you price it too high no one with purchase them.

However, there has been no increase in the cost of the black arrow shafts.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
No it is not a misprint. I was speaking to a gentleman at Lancaster Archery regarding the price increase. It has to do with the tolerances of that arrow with the Camo. It is too difficult to get the tolerences so Gold Tip is basically pricing the arrow so they dont have to make them anymore. If you price it too high no one with purchase them.

If that is truly the case, the people at Goldtip have absolutely no business being in business whatsoever. Several companies offer camouflage/non black shafting without that kind of price increase. Now, those methods my be patented by other manufacturers/exclusive and GT doesn't want to pay for the tech/royalties, in which case they should just cancel the camo shaft lineup instead of bending their customers over.

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
If that is truly the case, the people at Goldtip have absolutely no business being in business whatsoever. Several companies offer camouflage/non black shafting without that kind of price increase. Now, those methods my be patented by other manufacturers/exclusive and GT doesn't want to pay for the tech/royalties, in which case they should just cancel the camo shaft lineup instead of bending their customers over.
So it's Gold Tips fault that some one else is trying to sell them for $200.00:confused::confused:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Gold Tip should just send all those camo ones to us. We'll take the old ones off their hands and they can just quit worrying about making them.:darkbeer:

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
Pro Hunter APG Fletched Feathers MSRP $139.99 :) So lets don't play the blame game with gold tip!!! Might be a mis Print some where on the $200.00 Pro Hunters

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
So it's Gold Tips fault that some one else is trying to sell them for $200.00:confused::confused:
No, how about reading my post next time - where I quoted something, the relevant part being this-:rolleyes:

Gold Tip is basically pricing the arrow so they dont have to make them anymore. If you price it too high no one with purchase them.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Sorry for being Snarky Mobow- having one of those days and I'm acting like a cranky little beeatch :eek:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Several weeks ago I walked into Lancaster Archery to place an order for a dozen GT Camo Pro's and then he told me how much...$239 for bare shafts. Evidently the camo shafts are to be discontinued and the company in a lame attempt to reduce demand, decided to escalate the price.

This was confirmed again as I contacted Jerry (southshorerat). If you search around you will notice that some places don't even carry them anymore (Kinsey's, Hunter's Friend, Keystone Country Store among others).

However, if you look hard enough you can still find them at a reasonable price, but you have to look hard.

FWIW, after my experience I posted this on the Mathews forum and I believe the feedback can be found if you do a search on Gold Tip arrows.

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
Sorry for being Snarky Mobow- having one of those days and I'm acting like a cranky little beeatch :eek:

It's OK been there my self and I should have read in deeper to the subject myself..... Just don't know why they don't tell the Dealers they are doing this...Or at least contacted us in some way shape or form...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts