Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been a loyal Axis shooter for the past several years. Absolutely love the Axis. Wanted to try something different- picked up some Gold Tip Pro Hunters tonight. Anybody use these? What's your opinions?

7595 out of a 29/70 Elite. 100 g head

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Best shafts on the market if you ask me. I use Pro Hunters for 3D. Try them and I bet you will like them.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
.003 tolerance on your Axis versus .001 on the Pro's. I agree with Houghs on this one... shot both and I choose GOLD TIP.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Shot Maximas for many years. My shop suggested the Pro Hunters and I have had very good luck with them. Like others have said, tough and accurate. I am happy with the switch. I think you will like them.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,520 Posts
I would just point out that you are going the opposite direction of the market/industry by going from a skinny shaft to a fatter shaft. You are also going to a lighter shaft and giving up KE.

Even the Kinetic is slightly fatter than the Axis (not to mention the Injexions which are even skinnier). The biggest problem with the Kinetic is that they don't offer a .340 spine shaft (one of the most popular spine choices) which just makes no sense to me. I would probably shoot kinetic pros if they had a .340 - maybe GT will wake up some day soon.

Meanwhile I'm shooting Axis with steel deep 6 rps inserts (much stronger than the aluminum inserts that GT and other Easton's use). Will be shooting QAD Exodus heads out front.

·
Registered
166 Posts
GT for me

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
Excellent arrows. Accurate, tough, and perfect for hunting. Good choice. I shoot them out of my DNA. Out of your 70# Elite, you will have more than enough KE for anything in North America.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts