Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been shooting Gold Tip Velocity Pros and very happy with the results. How do they perform as a hunting arrow? Anyone have durability or penetration issues?

·
Registered
631 Posts
I shoot that same arrows out of my vector turbo with great results (hunting and target). If you're concerned about it being too light go up from a 100 grain to a 125 grain broadhead.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
no issues using the Gold Tip Velocity Hunter 300's

·
"GO BUCKS!!!"
6,595 Posts
no issues using the Gold Tip Velocity Hunter 300's
Same here! shot several deer this year and threw the shoulder blades with no problem! pass threws everytime

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have shot four deer with my velocities, all pass troughs. It is an awesome arrow..

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
There solid

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Shot through a deer almost lengthwise with the

·
I like elk!
18,499 Posts
I killed a bull and a buck using the .300's and they held together great. The velocity is a very tough shaft,you will have zero issues hunting with them.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I liked my velocity hunter 300's . They will break if you drive over them with a tractor or send them through a mower otherwise never broke any. Pass through every time and super fast

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I liked my velocity hunter 300's . They will break if you drive over them with a tractor or send them through a mower otherwise never broke any. Pass through every time and super fast
It's a no go then...I test every arrow by running over them with a tractor and shooting them at a mower lol

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
It's a no go then...I test every arrow by running over them with a tractor and shooting them at a mower lol
If you have the correct spine for the weight of your tractor and the thickness of your mower blade you should be fine...:wink:
I have hunted with them since they came out and have had no problems with penetration or durability.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yep! Throw a 100 grain brass insert in a .300 Velocity Pro and you have a great balance of speed, momentum, stiffness and straightness ... All in a shaft with commonly available dimensions (.246 inside dia).

·
Ice Cold
11,925 Posts
Well i guess i got a bad batch. One had the carbon peel back like ten inches and another snapped right behind the fletch. I switched to easton.

·
Registered
17,345 Posts
I shoot them and love them they are tougher then CE blue streaks thats forsure. I had one break but that was my fault shot a doe in front shoulder dropped her when I shot second arrow and she flipped over and she broke the arrow in her shoulder.

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
No issues at all with durability. I really like the weight as I can add a significant amount up front and have a med weight arrow with very hign FOC. Hits hard and is still quick.

Sent from The People's Republic of New York.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I had one break about 6 inches in front of the fletching when the arrow hit the shoulder on the opposite side of a deer, thats the only one I ever had break so I think it was just a fluke or the arrow was already damaged.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts