Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased 1 dozen Gold Tip XT Hunter camo arrows and was wondering if anyone out there knows how they perform when shot from a Mathews LX bow. I am presently shooting Beman ICS Camo Hunter arrows from my Mathews LX 70 lb. bow with a NAP drop-away 2000 RG arrow rest and am very pleased with their performance. I just wanted to try the Gold Tips as I've heard they are a top quality arrow. I can't wait to try these new arrows once they arrive. I would just like some input from you guys that have the same or a similar set-up. Thanks so much for your time... Ron
 

·
Relocated Cajun
Joined
·
10,974 Posts
what size...5575 or 7595

I shoot the pro's but had no problems with the XT's..I had a LX but the only way it would have shot the gold tips better was if someone else was shooting it, I could hit a deer target with it but not with the accuracy I like.

My next bow did better as you can tell with this 2 arrow group at 30 yards, I no longer like to shoot groups inside 40 yards..if I do I cringe too much. Darn gold tips. :D

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,567 Posts
Well congrats on purchasing the best arrow money can buy, well second best to the Pro Hunters;) You will love them and they will shoot great if you got the 75/95's, if not more than likely (i would need more info on your setup) you will be spined weak. Those Gold Tips are so tough it's not even funny, i love mine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jose Boudreaux said:
what size...5575 or 7595

I shoot the pro's but had no problems with the XT's..I had a LX but the only way it would have shot the gold tips better was if someone else was shooting it, I could hit a deer target with it but not with the accuracy I like.

My next bow did better as you can tell with this 2 arrow group at 30 yards, I no longer like to shoot groups inside 40 yards..if I do I cringe too much. Darn gold tips. :D

[/B

I purchased the 5575. Thanks... Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1bigtaco said:
Well congrats on purchasing the best arrow money can buy, well second best to the Pro Hunters;) You will love them and they will shoot great if you got the 75/95's, if not more than likely (i would need more info on your setup) you will be spined weak. Those Gold Tips are so tough it's not even funny, i love mine! [/B

I purchased the 5575's and my arrow length is 26-7/8". Thanks for your input... Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,584 Posts
For 100-grain bh 5575 should work. With 125-grain they are apt to be squirrelly even at your short draw. Golds like to be on the stiff side for broad heads.
 

·
Relocated Cajun
Joined
·
10,974 Posts
At 26.75" use 100 grain tips and you should spine out perfectly (im assuming a DL of around 27")
so was I...:D I clicked on 28 and it dived in to the yellow on the weak side so I just stuck with 27....looked better in the green. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gold Tip XT

1bigtaco said:
At 26.75" use 100 grain tips and you should spine out perfectly (im assuming a DL of around 27")

Yes, I use 100 grain tips and my actual DL is 27.5". That's nice to know the spine is correct for my set-up. Thanks again... Ron
 

·
Relocated Cajun
Joined
·
10,974 Posts
yep, your good to go dude!!!!!!!!!!!! cranked down to 68lbs puts you right dab in the middle, you won't notice any difference, it will be just when you show the bow to someone you can say, "you know this thing is right dab in the green on TAP aka The Archery Program!!!" :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,554 Posts
I been using Goldtips since they were born

Never a problem,I will never change...........They have more arrows to choose from every year..
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top