Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody notice much difference between the Gold Tip XXX and the XXX Pro shafts other than the numbers ?, the reg. XXX are cheaper.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Go w/the cheaper ones and when you cut them down cut and equal amount off of both ends and you basically end up w/a Pro spec.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
and check out the Black Eagle Magnums.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I have normally shot nothing but the pros in the past but went with the white labels this year and cut 1.5" off nock end and squared them and seem to fly really well

·
74,535 Posts
I shoot the pros for indoor. Have for several years. Indoor the arrows last forever.

Give me confidence knowing I got the best arrow for myself.
DB

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
My guess is the only difference is +/-0.001" vs +.-0.005" straightness. Of course the tighter the tolerance, the more expensive the arrow. Not sure, but I'll bet they come off of the exact same production line and just sorted according to straightness. The vast majority of shooters would not be able to tell the difference in these straightness numbers, especially indoors at 20yds and probably not at 50yds for 3d.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I'm using the XXX Pro's, they fly great even with Blazer vanes on them. I did a test on my other bow with Gold Tip Pro hunters (+/- .001) and Expedition hunters (+/- .006) , both were the same spine, both hit the same place, side by side. I honestly don't think very many archers could tell the difference, maybe someone shooting at extreme yardages, but out to 60 yards-no difference to me. I bought the Pro's because that's all the shop had at the time, and the tech that works on my bows, does a fantastic job, I didn't mind supporting them at all. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
What good does a .001 do when your arrow is flexing back and forth in the air anyways?
NO point in spending the extra money on the pro's. NO ONE can tell a difference between a .001 and a .005.
The "spine" is the most important thing when it comes to arrows, not straightness.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
What good does a .001 do when your arrow is flexing back and forth in the air anyways?
NO point in spending the extra money on the pro's. NO ONE can tell a difference between a .001 and a .005.
The "spine" is the most important thing when it comes to arrows, not straightness.
Very true, most people don't know a human hair is .0025-.003 thick! Cheers--BB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts